Need Help:Car running lean...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help:Car running lean...

for some odd reason my car has been running lean for a while now. i didnt pay attention to it until i changed my injectors. i changed them and it was still running lean. i tried using the fuel injector cleaner and all but none of them seem to work

could someone help me out?

Did you check the fuel filter??? Maybe clugged
    Accord Of The Month January 09
    Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
    BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

how do you know it's running lean? you didn't mention the fuel pressure or air/fuel ratio, and without tons upon tons of experience, spotting a problematic lean condition without other vital information is hard to do.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        how do you know it's running lean? you didn't mention the fuel pressure or air/fuel ratio, and without tons upon tons of experience, spotting a problematic lean condition without other vital information is hard to do.

i used to wrk at a shop and when i changed the spark plugs they had some white deposits on them. i know one of the cylinders has an issue with blow-by b/c i found some carbon deposits in the spark plug tube.

also when i took the plugs out the shop manager(they always clowned on my car b/c its a honda and not a ford or some other domestic. lol. but he was being serious this time.) told me that my car was running lean. i asked him how he knew that and he said b/c of the white on the electrode(the metal piece that makes the spark.)

i looked in the back of my haynes manual and it showed a pic of what the spark plug would look like if it was running too lean. and sure enough thats what it looked like.

RICHIE*: i probaly do need to change the filter but when i went to go change it, i couldnt take off that bonjo bolt. does anyone know how to take that off? it has a metal tube coming out of it and its like it doesnt want to turn.

ill take some pics of the spark plugs and the filter in a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
          i used to wrk at a shop and when i changed the spark plugs they had some white deposits on them. i know one of the cylinders has an issue with blow-by b/c i found some carbon deposits in the spark plug tube.

also when i took the plugs out the shop manager(they always clowned on my car b/c its a honda and not a ford or some other domestic. lol. but he was being serious this time.) told me that my car was running lean. i asked him how he knew that and he said b/c of the white on the electrode(the metal piece that makes the spark.)

i looked in the back of my haynes manual and it showed a pic of what the spark plug would look like if it was running too lean. and sure enough thats what it looked like.

RICHIE*: i probaly do need to change the filter but when i went to go change it, i couldnt take off that bonjo bolt. does anyone know how to take that off? it has a metal tube coming out of it and its like it doesnt want to turn.

ill take some pics of the spark plugs and the filter in a little bit.
          Get a 14mm flarenut wrench, it is what you would you on brake fittings, etc. If you don't use on, you take a chance of rounding that fitting off. Keep the filter clamped in and remove the banjo bolt (17mm) and hardline line (14mm flarenut wrench), then loosen up clamp last. It helps to remove the vacuum box or loosen/push it aside.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
            Get a 14mm flarenut wrench, it is what you would you on brake fittings, etc. If you don't use on, you take a chance of rounding that fitting off. Keep the filter clamped in and remove the banjo bolt (17mm) and hardline line (14mm flarenut wrench), then loosen up clamp last. It helps to remove the vacuum box or loosen/push it aside.

always HondaFan81 to the rescue. dag. what would i do with out you. but do you think that would be the problem to my lean condition?

i just took a pic of the spark plugs. but it looks completely different than what they looked like before...

Comment

Working...
            X