Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N E one ever had Master cylinder troubles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N E one ever had Master cylinder troubles?

well while goin to school yesterday, sitting in dead stop traffic, i go to press the brake, its fine
    then i press it again to stop and it just travels str8 to the floor.
    u kno my first reaction...........WTF
    pull the e-brake.
    had to use it all the way there.
    got there, took it in the shop (after waiting 4 hours) got it looked at.
    and heres what i need.......

rear brakes (shoes) left sides been doing all the work, right side still looks new, on right side missing a spring so i have to buy the drum brake spring kit.
    so rear brakes.....vivid type (sense i race, heard it was better)
    and spring kit.

fron brakes are perfect, rotors are perfect.

also Master cylinder Might be going, drove the car home last night and this morning and they work fine, so im unsure about the master cylinder, but diffenently need rear brakes.

anyone every run into this problem before, one day the brake pedal goes str8 to the floor, then next thing u kno its working fine?
    Last edited by theone; 07-14-2004, 08:04 AM.
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

just changed my brake m.c. last month..it was already leaking around the booster and my front brakes were doing all the work, changed all the pads to EBC greenstuff too..these pads are really good. brake pedal feels nice and fim, don't have to press hard at all..
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
      just changed my brake m.c. last month..it was already leaking around the booster and my front brakes were doing all the work, changed all the pads to EBC greenstuff too..these pads are really good. brake pedal feels nice and fim, don't have to press hard at all..
      mines doesnt leak at all, they said it might be an internal leakage
      NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

My local shop replaced my master cylinder a while ago while I was in for another job.

Said it was leaking but the leak was at the firewall. It was leaking (supposedly) between the firewall and the interior carpet and that I wouldn't notice until it failed.

They replaced it and I didn't noticed too much diference. My thought is I got hosed a bit there.

Anyway, check it out first.

I am having the same trouble, I noticed it happening in hot weather and city driving. Once I'm stopped for a bit it goes away.

My theory is that the brake fluid is overheating, which can happen, and that I need to bleed the system out, remove moisture, air and get some newer brake fluid into the system.

You might be having the same trouble. Try bleeding your system out and see what happens. Cheap and easy solution.
        Bart: What's your name?
        Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

that sounds exactly it, its never happend and yesterday it was hot as ever here.

traffic was the worst and thats when it started doing it, i was thinking the same thing, cause how could the fluid level be fine and all with no leaks what so every.

im gona give that a try this weekend

but i diffenently need rear shoes, the shoes on the left side where almost gone and one side was worn at the top while the other at the bottom.
          the right side was was fresh, still could see the manufactures name written on them. on the right side i kno for a fact that im missing a spring.
          have to get an ALL IN ONE KIT (for thos who come across this problem.) runs like 9bux
          NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

I'm in the same boat, I've never touched my rear drums for the 95k I've had the car. Pretty sure they need some work too.

Comment

next time don't pull the e brake. just let the brakes go and push them again and they will work push them kind of fast.

my master cilinder does that from time to time. it only does that summer time. but u can replace that by ur self.
              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Its the internal seals on the MC leaking. Mine would do it after I would drive for awhile, then it started doing it all the time. Started out as the pedal would just go farther down, but still work, then after that I'd have to pump them. Got mine replaced. BTW My fluid was never low.

Comment

my 93 ex is doing the same thing. A friend of mine said it was the MC, but hes a honda hater so I wasnt sure I should belive him. I guess my friend would want me to die, so I should have took his advise!
                  OLD GUY CREW #1

BDC #4

93 EX coupe 5 speed

Comment

Yuppp...thats exactly it. It cost me $250 at Meineke to get it replaced with a new one...flushed brake fluid, adjusted rear brakes and adjusted brake pedal. Its more than I can do myself. This was just about 1 level beyond repairs I can do!

Comment

damn theo, I'm having the EXACT SAME problem. I'm going to either take it to a family friends shop or have my uncle check it out.
                      BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

yeah, it hasnt done it sense.

anyone change the MC thereself? if so how hard, i have a replacement, just wanna kno what im in for.

also got my rear brakes/springs install.
                        NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

well mine.... there was a very tiny hole in my brake line. i was wondering why my rims were getting so damn dirty. and why the paint started peeling off it. lol. so yea. that sucked big time. especially having one rim bare to the metal.
                          O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

I replaced my right caliper last night and bled the brakes out...

Solved the squishy pedal and fading problem.

Comment

Well, since everyone wlse is sharing their brake problems....
                              my fluid level slowly falls from max to min over ~4-5k miles. I have no clue where the stupid leak could be. guess I'll start checking around the engine bay and in front of and behind the firewall.
                              ~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X