whats a good oil for high miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats a good oil for high miles

iv always used Valvoline High Mileage with k&n oil filter.watch i change my oil ever 2500-3000 miles and change plugs ever 2 oil changes...im wondring is there a better oil for the cb7 with around 190k miles or is the oil im useung just as good,,,?

Thats what I use, I haven't had any issue. Also what do you mean change your plugs?

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Valvoline Max Life does the work well i use it's tranny fluid, for oil i just use RP

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
      My Ride thread
      Flickr
      Originally posted by d112crzy
      And it can only get better. That's the best part.
      All I gotta really say is:
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
        Thats what I use, I haven't had any issue. Also what do you mean change your plugs?
        i change my spark plugs lol...sorry

Comment

Here's another vote for Valvoline MaxLife. It's a synthetic blend, which is hard to get at that price point (unless everyone else came out with new products in the last year or so). It also has a pretty good additive package, from what the guys at Bob Is The Oil Guy say (www.bobistheoilguy.com). I'm also going to recommend Wix (or better yet, Purolator if you can find them) filters. At any rate, I'd stay away from Fram's filters in the orange boxes.

Comment

if you change your oil at 3k then there is no reason to use a high mileage oil. the oil is just a bit thicker for seals.

just use regular but maybe thicker dino oil with a good filter.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
              if you change your oil at 3k then there is no reason to use a high mileage oil. the oil is just a bit thicker for seals.

just use regular but maybe thicker dino oil with a good filter.
              then what oil should i use then? so its pointless to use maxlife when i change my oil ever 3000 miles

Comment

use whatever you have been using before...i like castrol GTX however many people will argue about what oils to use.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

It is best to stick with one brand, because the engine gets "used" to having certain oils.

I like castrol GTX, but all work well, besides pensoil! That gritty crap will destroy your engine! I hate pensoil.

Comment

May sound a bit simplistic, but use whatever you've used to get to 190k miles.
                    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Do you use 10W 30 thats what i use and i get Castrol GTX oil.

Comment

i use 10w-30 in summer and 5w-30 winter...what about mobile one...is that a good oil....?

Comment

I'd recommend Mobil 1 (synthetic or semi-synthetic) 10w-30, and add Lucas Oil, Oil Stabilizer. Works wonders for seals, and hard starting, plus adds viscosity and raises oil pressure.

and theres absolutely no reason to change your plugs all the time. You're just wasting money. Unless your car burns extra rich, which it doesn't with those tiny injectors.
                          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Mobil 1 all the way!!!!!!!!!
                            Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

i use reslone or some shit like that in a yellow bottle...

Comment

Working...
                              X