compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compression

okay let me think here.. compression means squeezing something together into smaller particles.. okay i get that..

so say i have a piston that has a very high dome.. like 12.5:1 or something of that nature..

the reason why they call it high compression motor is it because..

1. since the piston dome is taller when u slap the head on.. the space in the combustion chamber decrease.. so when it comes time for compression stroke there is a very high chance of denotation due to the fact that the space where it compresses is very small and it higher compression.. because its capable of igniting itself..

is this correct.. or does anybody has a better way of putting it..

also how does high compression motor is faster than one thats low compression.. NA motors....
    http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Here you go. Read this: Compression Ratio

Originally posted by deevergote
    When you have to take a leak, and someone's in the bathroom, isn't it proper to piss in the fridge?

Comment

Originally posted by Geist Zero
      Here you go. Read this: Compression Ratio
      Joe is there any thread you haven't read on here? You always know where to find the answer.. Later

Comment

What can I say, I love learning about cars. Plus I don't have the money to work on the car so this is the next best thing. If I'm not on here I'm either reading up on computers or watching anime. I use wikipedia quite a bit though. Just yesterday I used it to look up polypropylene. I don't know about anyone else but if I don't try to learn something new at least every once in a while I can't seem to operate properly.

Originally posted by deevergote
        When you have to take a leak, and someone's in the bathroom, isn't it proper to piss in the fridge?

Comment

well i read it but i still want somebody to tell me if i;m on the right track..

Comment

Originally posted by soon2bdropped

1. since the piston dome is taller when u slap the head on.. the space in the combustion chamber decrease.. so when it comes time for compression stroke there is a very high chance of denotation due to the fact that the space where it compresses is very small and it higher compression.. because its capable of igniting itself..
            The reason detonation exists is because of high temperatures in the combustion chamber. This is why higher octane is needed. It burns slower, which raises the knock limit.

It doesn't matter if you have high compression or not. Detonation exists with any engine, inside any combustion chamber.

Higher compression means smaller combustion chamber. When the gas ignites, there is less space for the energy to go. So, there is more energy pushing down the the piston, which makes for more power.

Detonation is also known as pre-ignition. The fuel and gases inside the combustion chamber ignite before the spark plug does. This creates bad turbulence inside the combustion chamber. The mixtures combust before the piston reaches TDC(top dead center), which sends lots of stress down the rod and to the crank. At the correct angle, with enough force, the rod will bend. The cure for this is either higher octane, or take away timing.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

bump anyone else?

Comment

Working...
              X