This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wed3k
    no lets settle on amsoil and royal purple.
    x2
    14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
      naw...Amsoil will actually best most of the oils advertised. Redline is abrasive against seals. I would never use it....

PLUS, Amsoil has proven themselves time and time again.....in fact, they ran a rest on a big diesel rig.

Ran the 18 wheeler 350k+ miles without changing the oil once. Impressive enough for me.

and....extreme motorsports (home of the worlds fastest dsm) swears by royal purple. they are experts in their field, where as you.......are probably not.
      Mobil1 "million mile" test like amsoil did also. No suprise that in a amsoil/mobil1 commercial that "in laboratory studies amsoil/mobil1 outperformed the leading competition by 53%." NO SHIT ITS A MOBIL1 COMMERCIAL!!!1! Just because you see it on TV, its not necessarily true. Thats why unbiased studies like these actually get to the point and you get an honest answer.

Comment

Not to mention that in some of the studies they say: "Mobil1 synthetic beat out the leading conventional motor oil by 31%." NO SHIT!!! A synthetic beat out a conventional oil!? That's not even apples to apples, thats a bull shit, rigged test.

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
          Mobil1 "million mile" test like amsoil did also. No suprise that in a amsoil/mobil1 commercial that "in laboratory studies amsoil/mobil1 outperformed the leading competition by 53%." NO SHIT ITS A MOBIL1 COMMERCIAL!!!1! Just because you see it on TV, its not necessarily true. Thats why unbiased studies like these actually get to the point and you get an honest answer.

Amsoil isn't affiliated with Mobil 1.

and Amsoil doesn't have commercials.

all their tests are done through independent researchers.

plus Amsoil is the company that invented and pioneered synthetics.

Mobil One products while good, carry no where near the same viscosity attributes that Amsoil does.

Comment

Amsoil isn't affiliated with Mobil 1.

and Amsoil doesn't have commercials.

all their tests are done through independent researchers.

plus Amsoil is the company that invented and pioneered synthetics.

Mobil One products while good, carry no where near the same viscosity attributes that Amsoil does.
            Yep. Most of them take there cars to the track also. Most of the people that run track events use amsoil on ht. But yea my friend with his boosted setup has been runnin amsoil and it has been keeping his shit in check. One of the main reasons I want to test out amsoil is try something new and I have heard good things about them.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

good brands are the ones you never hear about :o
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

naw...Amsoil will actually best most of the oils advertised. Redline is abrasive against seals. I would never use it....
                How the fuck can any oil possibly be "abrasive" against a seal short of having abrasive particles in it, not to mention redline?

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard in a long fucking time.

Do you know there's a test out there (need to go find it) where some guy lost all the redline oil out of his motorcycle trans and continued to drive for 50 miles without any damage?

I have used all these other oils too. AMSoil was pretty decent, better than Mobil1, it lengthened my time between rebuilds on some go-kart 1cyl air cooled motors that get hot as fuck. I even tried royal purple during my ricer days... it was okay, I found it to be between Mobil1 and AMSoil, but not worth the price at all. This was all before I found redline and I first chose it because of base stock chemical composition. More recently I've been reassured of my choice because of how well it protects aftermarket valvetrains under extreme pressure. Most oils today are a failure because of emissions-driven reformulations. Without it, the only way to give yourself the same insurance is to dump a bottle of assembly lube into every oil change. Again, this is complete overkill for any engine on this website, but maybe 1 or 2 of you will understand this.

Out of any of those oils plus countless others (all store brands, CAM2, etc) redline is the single most fucking difficult fluid to clean off parts. When I need an absolutely 100% dry surface on something previously in redline lubricated service, it takes the most time and the most solvent to remove. My machine work guys say the same thing. This shit gets annoying.

I know full well I can't change anybody's mind that's already made up about what they think is the best, regardless of the fact that they don't know SHIT about the science that goes into creating these compounds. However I just get so extremely pissed off seeing blatant misinformation passed around over and fucking over again.

...but I still want an answer about this "abrasiveness" shit, because that is just fuckin' stupid.

Comment

One thing about amsoil that sets them from the rest is their 25000 mile guarantee. Basically once a year oil change.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                    How the fuck can any oil possibly be "abrasive" against a seal short of having abrasive particles in it, not to mention redline?

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard in a long fucking time.

Do you know there's a test out there (need to go find it) where some guy lost all the redline oil out of his motorcycle trans and continued to drive for 50 miles without any damage?

I have used all these other oils too. AMSoil was pretty decent, better than Mobil1, it lengthened my time between rebuilds on some go-kart 1cyl air cooled motors that get hot as fuck. I even tried royal purple during my ricer days... it was okay, I found it to be between Mobil1 and AMSoil, but not worth the price at all. This was all before I found redline and I first chose it because of base stock chemical composition. More recently I've been reassured of my choice because of how well it protects aftermarket valvetrains under extreme pressure. Most oils today are a failure because of emissions-driven reformulations. Without it, the only way to give yourself the same insurance is to dump a bottle of assembly lube into every oil change. Again, this is complete overkill for any engine on this website, but maybe 1 or 2 of you will understand this.

Out of any of those oils plus countless others (all store brands, CAM2, etc) redline is the single most fucking difficult fluid to clean off parts. When I need an absolutely 100% dry surface on something previously in redline lubricated service, it takes the most time and the most solvent to remove. My machine work guys say the same thing. This shit gets annoying.

I know full well I can't change anybody's mind that's already made up about what they think is the best, regardless of the fact that they don't know SHIT about the science that goes into creating these compounds. However I just get so extremely pissed off seeing blatant misinformation passed around over and fucking over again.

...but I still want an answer about this "abrasiveness" shit, because that is just fuckin' stupid.

Maybe you are dumber than I thought

Go head and stick with your Redline:-) if it makes you happy, kid.

and just because you can't clean it off your parts doesn't make it the best.

that's just fucking stupid.

Comment

Hmm....
                      well...This is getting very insulting/unneccsary. I am gaining SOME good info I suppose....But it would be nice if I didnt have to read the insults guys.

Comment

Maybe you are dumber than I thought

Go head and stick with your Redline:-) if it makes you happy, kid.

and just because you can't clean it off your parts doesn't make it the best.

that's just fucking stupid.
                        Before, it was intelligent conversation with me being generally pissed off. But now you're just being a stupid cocksucker. You are avoiding my question and directly ignoring the specific reasons I find redline to be the best.

Again, WHERE IS YOUR REASONING BEHIND THIS REDICULOUS STATEMENT:
                        Redline is abrasive against seals.
                        You have two choices:

1. Reply with something to answer this, and make yourself look worse.

2. Don't back it up with anything, and make yourself look worse.

Don't worry, just about any oil will do fine for your third gen chevy with that piss-poor small block making shit for power. I highly doubt you have EVER experienced a problem with a cam and its lifters chewing themselves to death due to lack of extreme pressure lubricants despite running a "good" synthetic oil. I know sure as hell you aren't getting that problem with that garbage 305.

Comment

man people still waste time argueing about what oil is best. No one will ever know, unless you can run a single motor through two parallel life spans with different engine oils

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                            Before, it was intelligent conversation with me being generally pissed off. But now you're just being a stupid cocksucker. You are avoiding my question and directly ignoring the specific reasons I find redline to be the best.

Again, WHERE IS YOUR REASONING BEHIND THIS REDICULOUS STATEMENT:

You have two choices:

1. Reply with something to answer this, and make yourself look worse.

2. Don't back it up with anything, and make yourself look worse.

Don't worry, just about any oil will do fine for your third gen chevy with that piss-poor small block making shit for power. I highly doubt you have EVER experienced a problem with a cam and its lifters chewing themselves to death due to lack of extreme pressure lubricants despite running a "good" synthetic oil. I know sure as hell you aren't getting that problem with that garbage 305.
                            Somehow you've provided direct proof yourself.

I know it's abrasive against seals, simply by determining the detergents that are in Redline vs. other oils, such as Royal Purple or AMsoil.

I've used Redline in the past, and noticed more valve tapping than normal, as well as more smoking than usual. Come to find out by DSM experts (Sean Glazer, and the DSM community) that redline is a very corrosive oil, and will actually wear seals down do to it's corrosive agents.

Now who are these engineers that you spoke to? after hours on the phone? and THEY told you their oil was better?

how cute...

So do you use Redline as lube, or motoroil....?

keep spankin' it........stop being a doosh, try doing the research yourself.

Comment

****Agrees with Starchy.***

Comment

no wonder my bro always use royal purple in his h22..

Comment

Working...
                                X