Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you got the part number for the MTF if you can post it that would be great. I need to change my MTF coming up soon anyway. Also I am trying amsoil now lol. Paid the same price I paid for royal purple so gonna see how that is.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

This is old. Fu*k what a study says. Mobil 1 is proven thru years of use. The original synthetic. No one blew an engine cause of mobil one. For transaxles its common knowledge, not theory like this study that redline pwns all. I'm running redline shockproof light in my tranny(sentra). No grinds whatsoever. Dont believe everything you read. Stop being royal purple stans....And LOL@ running MT-90 in a honda transaxle.. We run 75 weight synthetic in international 8100/8600 transmissions and differentials..
      Last edited by Fake Thug; 09-07-2007, 07:49 PM.

Comment

I ran royal purple for a while. Shit still got some in the car. Just purchased some Amsoil from my friend and gonna see hwo that is. At least my head was pretty clean when I tore off my valve cover which is a good thing.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
          If I can find an actual part number for that fluid I'll let you know what it is. It's been nothing but magic in my gearboxes.
          That would be great! Thanks in advance

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
          This is old. Fu*k what a study says. Mobil 1 is proven thru years of use. The original synthetic. No one blew an engine cause of mobil one. For transaxles its common knowledge, not theory like this study that redline pwns all. I'm running redline shockproof light in my tranny(sentra). No grinds whatsoever. Dont believe everything you read. Stop being royal purple stans....And LOL@ running MT-90 in a honda transaxle.. We run 75 weight synthetic in international 8100/8600 transmissions and differentials..
          Hehe is it really that funny? I seriously had no idea, it said manual transmission fluid, so I tried it...Worked a lot better than motor oil, for sure..But maybe by using that I might have messed up my tranny even more haha Oh well, no grinds for now...And if the tranny does blow, just gives me a reason to upgrade

I just read that article posted on top...Pretty interesting stuff, products that you thought were good, and products that you thought weren't good..Good reading

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
            not a good idea to change to synthetic on a high mileage engine unless your seals are decent
            aaa i did already. im currently running Mobil 1 Full Sythetic. it looks really good. its the price you pay. Royal Purple dosent suck. no one talks about redline, so we dont know if it works good or not.
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
              Nobody fuckin' listens.

"For the last time, Red Line oil wins. Perioid.
              It took me dozens of calls but I've spoken with real engineers at redline to confirm all of this.
              1. Post up your comprehensive oil test.
              2. You spoke to company reps and they told you their oil is the best?

Gee. What a surprise.
              2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
              Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
              1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB

Gee. What a surprise.
                Nice job editing my post and taking my words COMPLETELY out of context you fucking idiot.

I was calling them to discuss extreme pressure lubricant content of the oil because I was concerned about wear of a flat tappet cam with solid lifters used with heavy valve springs. I spelled this out very clearly. You have nothing better to do than piss people off with your worthless posts arguing semantics.

You are nothing but a useless piece of shit old man with irreversible andropause and estrogen levels completely out of control. Shut the fuck up you dripping cunt. I hope you kill yourself one day.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB

Gee. What a surprise.
                  DoctorCipher is way smarter than you. Don't fuck with him. He will own you, lol.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I hope you guys realise that oil test is bullshit right? The oil isn't run at operating temperature therefor useless

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthman80
                      I hope you guys realise that oil test is bullshit right? The oil isn't run at operating temperature therefor useless
                      Holy crap..this guy is smart..unlike about 95% of posters in this thread and 99% in the last thread about this study..

Comment

SO which motor oil is good then. i USE CASTROL
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

well generl consensous between my car club is royal purple an amsoil, the penzoil platnium and mobil one are next up

My Members Ride Page

Comment

well generl consensous between my car club is royal purple
                            My buddyh has a 95 FORD ANAL PROBE, and he used ROYAL PURPLE, he didnt like it, but i did see on TV that ROYAL PURPLE does fdrop the OIL temp by liek 5 degress
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

some people don't like it, or find it burns more then another kind. but its also the other way around, so its up to the car which works best usually

My Members Ride Page

Comment

im confused, didnt royal purple just outperform redline in that test. if thats the case, Doctor Cipher is wrong or is just angry?
                                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X