CB3 formerly hondaracer33

boy.... i'm goin back to Royal Purple with the new engine for SURE

Mobil 1....pffft...

ps. GREAT find

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

bobistheoilguy.com also has good information on oils.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

nice find, my friend swears by moblie1, which in that test sucked a fat one
        wat?

Comment

next oil change im going to royal and changing the oil in the new 5spd tranny to royal to. im hearing good stuff from the local guys. my buddy with a teg is running that oil, and he says its really good stuff.
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
            next oil change im going to royal and changing the oil in the new 5spd tranny to royal to. im hearing good stuff from the local guys. my buddy with a teg is running that oil, and he says its really good stuff.
            not a good idea to change to synthetic on a high mileage engine unless your seals are decent
            wat?

Comment

Nobody fuckin' listens.

"OOOOO SYNTHETIC OIL THATS ACTUALLY PURPLE AND ITS ADVERTISED FOR IMPORTS THIS MUST BE THE BEST"

shut the fuck up stupid ricers.

For the last time, Red Line oil wins. Perioid. Not Mobil1, not AMSoil, not fucking royal purple, NOT CAM2, NOT castrol. NOTHING.

Synchromesh sucks too. Redline MTL kicks its sorry little cunt.

There is a REASON redline smells completely different and costs the most. It took me dozens of calls but I've spoken with real engineers at redline to confirm all of this. It all started with my concern about using a solid flat tappet cam with aftermarket springs exerting a ton more pressure. Any regular synthetic these days would cause that cam to eat itself alive against the lifters because of the lack of extreme pressure lubricants.

This is not a problem with little honda motors that don't have extreme pressure valvetrain issues, but you'll still get less wear and make a wee bit more horsepower.

Yeah, it's like $7-$9 a quart just about anywhere you look. But it's fucking worth it.

Go buy that royal purple garbage if you want to. Sure it's better than regular oil, but for the extra cost, it's not worth it. If you're gonna spend more cash go with the real shit.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                Nobody fuckin' listens.

"OOOOO SYNTHETIC OIL THATS ACTUALLY PURPLE AND ITS ADVERTISED FOR IMPORTS THIS MUST BE THE BEST"

shut the fuck up stupid ricers.

For the last time, Red Line oil wins. Perioid. Not Mobil1, not AMSoil, not fucking royal purple, NOT CAM2, NOT castrol. NOTHING.

Synchromesh sucks too. Redline MTL kicks its sorry little cunt.

There is a REASON redline smells completely different and costs the most. It took me dozens of calls but I've spoken with real engineers at redline to confirm all of this. It all started with my concern about using a solid flat tappet cam with aftermarket springs exerting a ton more pressure. Any regular synthetic these days would cause that cam to eat itself alive against the lifters because of the lack of extreme pressure lubricants.

This is not a problem with little honda motors that don't have extreme pressure valvetrain issues, but you'll still get less wear and make a wee bit more horsepower.

Yeah, it's like $7-$9 a quart just about anywhere you look. But it's fucking worth it.

Go buy that royal purple garbage if you want to. Sure it's better than regular oil, but for the extra cost, it's not worth it. If you're gonna spend more cash go with the real shit.
                damn dude seems like your always pissed! which makes you sound badass
                wat?

Comment

Since the day I bought my car, my tranny's been grinding on 1st to 2nd shifting, and a little bit on 2nd to 3rd...I've tried the recommended motor oil, and it still grinds..

I was then told about the Redline MTF (Manual Transmission Fluid)..MT-90 I believe it was? I went to look for it, and the price is quite expensive..But I went ahead and tried it anyways, since people say it's good...Turns out, yes it's a lot better than before..A lot less grinding, slightly smoother shifting...So I used Redline for about 2 years, more or less, and I was quite happy with that..

When I did my H22 swap this summer, I was told by someone about the Royal Purple Synchromax, and how it works really good...I figure, I've got nothing to lose, so I went ahead and tried it....Results? Well, I can honestly say that my tranny is a LOT smoother compared to when I was using Redline..And believe it or not, grinding is pretty much gone, and it shifts SO much better than before...

With Redline, I find that in the morning when it's cold, it doesn't work as well (Just from feeling the rough shifting), and it takes quite a long time for it to heat up...But with the RP Synchromax, even when it's cold it still does the job really well..

So maybe DoctorCipher is right, but for me personally, the Royal Purple Synchromax works 100x better than the Redline MTF ever did for my transmission...It's also slightly cheaper

So just from personal experience, Royal Purple > Redline

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
                    Since the day I bought my car, my tranny's been grinding on 1st to 2nd shifting, and a little bit on 2nd to 3rd...I've tried the recommended motor oil, and it still grinds..

I was then told about the Redline MTF (Manual Transmission Fluid)..MT-90 I believe it was? I went to look for it, and the price is quite expensive..But I went ahead and tried it anyways, since people say it's good...Turns out, yes it's a lot better than before..A lot less grinding, slightly smoother shifting...So I used Redline for about 2 years, more or less, and I was quite happy with that..

When I did my H22 swap this summer, I was told by someone about the Royal Purple Synchromax, and how it works really good...I figure, I've got nothing to lose, so I went ahead and tried it....Results? Well, I can honestly say that my tranny is a LOT smoother compared to when I was using Redline..And believe it or not, grinding is pretty much gone, and it shifts SO much better than before...

With Redline, I find that in the morning when it's cold, it doesn't work as well (Just from feeling the rough shifting), and it takes quite a long time for it to heat up...But with the RP Synchromax, even when it's cold it still does the job really well..

So maybe DoctorCipher is right, but for me personally, the Royal Purple Synchromax works 100x better than the Redline MTF ever did for my transmission...It's also slightly cheaper

So just from personal experience, Royal Purple > Redline

Ronald
                    You used the WRONG shit. MT-90 is a completely different fluid not meant for honda manual transaxles. It's equivalent of about 75 weight, which belongs in most other manuals, where the honda gearboxes need 30 weight. You should have used Redlines lighter weight manual fluid specifically noted for having friction modifiers for the synchros. It cites recommended for Honda manual transaxles.

The only reason you got away with using the MT-90 is because it's such a good synthetic. Try using regular 75W90 in a honda gearbox and see how fun that is

Comment

owned....

Comment

You used the WRONG shit. MT-90 is a completely different fluid not meant for honda manual transaxles. It's equivalent of about 75 weight, which belongs in most other manuals, where the honda gearboxes need 30 weight. You should have used Redlines lighter weight manual fluid specifically noted for having friction modifiers for the synchros. It cites recommended for Honda manual transaxles.

The only reason you got away with using the MT-90 is because it's such a good synthetic. Try using regular 75W90 in a honda gearbox and see how fun that is
                        dr. is right. there's about 4 different MT fluids to choose from. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Hmm I noticed that! When I looked around, there were different types of manual transmission fluid from Redline..For sure I've tried MT-90, and I think once I tried the other type..Can't remember what it was..MTF? MTL? But anyways, I couldn't really tell the difference between the two, so I switched back to MT-90, because it helped quite a bit with the grinding on my synchros and what not..

The next time I'm doing a tranny fluid change, I'll make sure to look for the one that you mentioned above..See how it works compared to the Royal Purple Synchromax!!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
                            Hmm I noticed that! When I looked around, there were different types of manual transmission fluid from Redline..For sure I've tried MT-90, and I think once I tried the other type..Can't remember what it was..MTF? MTL? But anyways, I couldn't really tell the difference between the two, so I switched back to MT-90, because it helped quite a bit with the grinding on my synchros and what not..

The next time I'm doing a tranny fluid change, I'll make sure to look for the one that you mentioned above..See how it works compared to the Royal Purple Synchromax!!

Ronald
                            If I can find an actual part number for that fluid I'll let you know what it is. It's been nothing but magic in my gearboxes.

Comment

^
                              ^
                              ^
                              ^

wasnt there a thread looking for you? lol nice to see your post again

anyways. im not sure about these other oils. ive tried super tech and that seems to make my motor run smoother than Castrol GTX or Mobil 1. i havent tried Royal Purple yet. my seals aint all that good. ill do a oil test when i get my motor running right. holla

Comment

Working...
                              X