Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could broken seal on clutch res cap cause it not to get into gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could broken seal on clutch res cap cause it not to get into gear?

well, my car stopped going into gear like at all, so I popped the clutch resevoire (sp?) cap and noticed i had no fluid and the seal on the bottom of the cap was broken. now would that cause me to not be able to go into gear other than having no fluid? like if I fixed the cap and bled my clutch think it would work again?
    Originally posted by jboyce
    i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

You have a leak...The seal keeps the system air tight so no moisture gets in the system. All our clutches are hydraulically operated. Hydro meaning liquid. SO you have to use some sort of liquid to operate it. Its a lot better than cable from back in the days. Also liquids dont compress.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

sooo I know I have a leak....but what im asking is, if I bled the clutch and replaced the seal on the res cap do you "think" it would work?
      Originally posted by jboyce
      i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Yea I dont see why not unless the leak is pouring out of somewhere or a part is broken that can cause problem. But fill it bleed it see what happens.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
        X