Auto-Tranny going bad??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto-Tranny going bad??

i noticed tranny fluid was leaking today, after driving somewhere and coming back home there was a big puddle on the street. The hose from the radiator to the tranny was leaking so i changed the hose and clamps. I put ATF in my tranny til it was full. Now my first gear is longer and in reverse i feel a grind but dont hear it. The reverse feels pretty rough.

after you put the oil, did you start up the car, let it reach operating temperature, shift through all gears, then check the dipstick again?

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

i checked the dipstick after i drove it around. it was full. i freakin burned my knuckles tryin to get the dipstick . shouldve waited til the fan came on?

Comment

are you supposed to check the level when the car is running or when the car is off after its heated up?

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

ur supposed to check it while the car is running because the fluid gets sucked into the torque converter and throughout the tranny when its running..

question:the hose from the radiator on the drivers side (under the condensor fan) does that go to the line on the tranny thats on the top or the bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
            are you supposed to check the level when the car is running or when the car is off after its heated up?
            Do it running as mentioned and make sure its up to operating temp. As it gets hotter the trans fluid thins out.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
            X