manual swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manual swap question

OK, I've done a manual tranny swap in my 91 EX and everything worked smooth. Now Im doing one in a 92 DX with manual parts from a 90 ex. Problem is that the manual tranny mount is way off from where the chassis mount bracket is. Almost 1.5 inches away. Also the tranny cannot even be pushed or manipulated that far back because the back mount will hit the the frame. Never ever had this problem before and cannot figure it out whatsoever. Tried everything. I know there shouldnt be any difference between 90-91 and 92-93 chassis. If anyone has an idea please help. We are trying not to have to cut and weld to let the tranny mount. Thanx
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

BUy an ESP mount kit. Makes life easier for auto-manual swap.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

depends on what kind of tranny he has, if its a h2u5, ex tranny, then he'll be able to use the esp mounts

if he's using the ex parts but an lx/dx tranny then he screwed, for now.........
      "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Working...
      X