Replacing battery terminals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing battery terminals

My positive battery terminal is badly corroded and i need to replace it. What tools do i need to replace it. Would it be easier to replace the whole cable?
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

you gonna need a new terminal (duh) and then you can just splice your current wire thats what i did i think replacing the whole cable would be a pain plus if your cable is ok and the terminal is the only thing corode just putting a new one and doing the splice should be fine hope this helps

LEAVE NO DOUBT!
    If God is for Me
    Who Dares be aganist Me!
    BX Crew
    HSHO # 6
    Lexotic Concepts 019

Comment

..pour some pepsi on it, or coke..yo ucan also use bakin soda and water..It cleans them up really nice..then just get a wire- brush and clean them up..works wonders!

-A. Swift
      CB7 member number 137
      Black Doubt Crew member #2
      Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Battery cables are easily chaanged and if your going to go through all the trouble of "splicing" a battery cable you may as well replace it, Secondly The terminals can be cleaned with coke or they just unscrew and you can screw new ones in. Be careful not to strip the threads.
        Ace 22
        Criminal Intent Racing
        Orlando, FL

Comment

i just replaced mine today cause it had cracked in half all u have to do is unscrew the old one and screw on the new one it took me like 5 minutes and 4 dollars

Comment

Working...
          X