engine builders advise needed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine builders advise needed!!!

is there any easy way to remove the actual valve seals once the spring and retainer are removed...?

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

i just bouth a new set of viton seals so i hit 'em up w/ some pliers

if i'm correct, there's a set of pliers that designed for just that, to remove guide seals

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

I used plyers as well. Acutally, I heated them with a torch first, just cause fire is fun.

Comment

I have tried the pliers route and they just don't come off. I have a spare head that I'm practicing on before i do them on my vehicle and I got one off but i scorched the shaft were they sit and I don't want to do that on my real head ...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

if you need extras cause you fuck em up, i have an OEM set that i can sell. From a f22b1, but im guessin they will fit f22ax

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

if you're getting new ones, then try this...

with the pliers, squeeze 'em a bit to kinda give it an ovalized shape, then just start rockin' 'em back and forth forcing upwards and they should work their way out of the grooves and off the guides

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
            My Ride thread
            Flickr
            Originally posted by d112crzy
            And it can only get better. That's the best part.
            All I gotta really say is:
            People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

i found that it works if you rotate it back and forth first prior to pulling on them.

some can be a real bitch due to age and heat.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

thanks ... if i cant find the tool ill be taking all your suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                X