Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code 43 (fuel supply system) and SRS light

Sonofa...

Ok, my CEL came on today, and gave me a code 43. Fuel supply system. It popped on when I stomped the gas in 4th, taking it to about 6000.

I turned the car off, back on, and the light didn't return. I haven't driven it at speed since I turned it off to see if that would make it come on again.

So, fuel supply system... fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, fuel rail, injectors, and lines... right? The car runs fine, no pinging, so it's not too lean... I don't know what it could mean!

Also, in backing out of my driveway the other day, I caught the bumper on a rut... the dips in the dirt got bigger since the last time I was in the driveway! It pulled the bumper off a bit, and broke some clips. Not too bad, but apparently enough to set the SRS light off! It used to go on and off occasionally, but now it's just on. Won't go off. How do I fix things so it goes off? I don't want my airbag deploying at random, and I don't like to look at that red light!

Deev, for the airbag, i just unclipped the sensor to the airbag module in the steering.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
    Honda Accord Euro-R
    Honda Odyssey Absolute
    Honda City I-DSi
    Honda Stream

Comment

Search dammit, This has been covered more than one f"in time. lol

Code 43 is a wierd code. I had it before and it was due to a faulty injector, but most people that have it point to a bad o2 sensor.

Check around the bumper and see if any wires got pulled out when u hit the bumper. That could be causing the srs light to come on.

Comment

Code 43's usually are caused by old o2 sensors.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
          Search dammit, This has been covered more than one f"in time. lol

Code 43 is a wierd code. I had it before and it was due to a faulty injector, but most people that have it point to a bad o2 sensor.

Check around the bumper and see if any wires got pulled out when u hit the bumper. That could be causing the srs light to come on.
          I've never changed the o2 sensor, so that's a distinct possibility! I should probably get new or at least freshened injectors when I build the other motor.

Originally posted by blizzard335
          Deev, for the airbag, i just unclipped the sensor to the airbag module in the steering.
          That's what I was thinking I know more people who have gotten hurt from airbags than people who have been saved by them...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            I've never changed the o2 sensor, so that's a distinct possibility! I should probably get new or at least freshened injectors when I build the other motor.

That's what I was thinking I know more people who have gotten hurt from airbags than people who have been saved by them...
            Code 43 is o2 sensor, i think

I have removed the whole airbag unit from my steering now. but in the process, i burst the bag (static or something caused it)

Links to other rides:
            Honda Accord Euro-R
            Honda Odyssey Absolute
            Honda City I-DSi
            Honda Stream

Comment

Code 43 is o2 sensor, i think

I have removed the whole airbag unit from my steering now. but in the process, i burst the bag (static or something caused it)
              code 43 is the fuel supply system.

code 1 is the o2 sensor.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Yeah, I DID search before I posted 43 is fuel supply system for sure... which is a vague-ass description of what could be wrong! Especially since the car runs, accelerates, and idles just fine!

Check Engine. I did... still there. Silly light!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Yeah, I DID search before I posted 43 is fuel supply system for sure... which is a vague-ass description of what could be wrong! Especially since the car runs, accelerates, and idles just fine!

Check Engine. I did... still there. Silly light!
                  haha

my bad

41 is primary o2 sensor/ heater. damn i cant even read this table LOL

maybe ur fuel relay is acting up?

Links to other rides:
                  Honda Accord Euro-R
                  Honda Odyssey Absolute
                  Honda City I-DSi
                  Honda Stream

Comment

fuel filter as well. But it is a weird code that can be caused by the O2 sensor, because I had the same CEL and had everything related to my fuel supply system changed and it still threw the code

SOLD!!
                    Boosted H22
                    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

maybe ur fuel relay is acting up?
                      Perhaps. I have 3 of them that I play around with... so I'll try that It's just dangling there as well... that can't be a good thing!

The o2 sensor is probably from 1994, so that should be changed anyway. Injectors could be lousy... I can't tell which is noisier, the injectors or valves... it's one clicky-ticky engine at the moment!
                      The fuel filter is also probably from the stone age... I have a new one in the basement, just never put it in. Maybe it's time for that! Running old-ass fuel might have finally done some damage...

Comment

hey deev i had the code every time i got in the highway. code 43...
                        i did change the o2 sensor with a junk jard one lol. now it throws it from time to time. sometimes when i start the car in the morning etc. <<<<< but that might be the 02 heater and all.

but yeah do not buy any auto zone ones. they are crap. well it lasted me for a good 3 years so hmmmm.

anyways. go to junk yard and pull one. lol it says made in Japan.
                        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

I'll try to get a junkyard one, and then eventually cough up the dough for new OEM. Even if it isn't the problem, it's something I should replace anyway!

Comment

Working...
                          X