Relocating the battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relocating the battery

Hey guys I have an optima red top and i was wondering if anyone else thought it would be alright to relocate it without a battery box... This is a completely sealed battery last time i checked... so i really need to get a box and ventalation system going if i put this in the frunk of my mr2?

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

yes ... by the way I relocated my regular battery to the trunk with out a box about 2 years ago with out a problem...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

You will be fine with any sealed battery like the Optima's, they don't require any exhaust tubes.

The non-sealed batteries can actually be dangerous to your health if they are not properly sealed in a ventilated box.

have fun.
      DEVOTE

Comment

thanks guys... i had the stuff to do it i just wanted to make sure before i did something like kill myself... you know? ill post pics when im done

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

How would you make a ventilation system for a regular batt. in the trunk? The box seals it, but wat about getting the fumes, etc. out?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
            How would you make a ventilation system for a regular batt. in the trunk? The box seals it, but wat about getting the fumes, etc. out?

air-tight sealed box, then a tube from the box would lead acidic fumes outside.

DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha

x2

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha

oo shit, this is sick. I never knew they had these.
                I was just planing on having it back there and just running the wires.
                Sweet, now i wont get battery acid poisoning, I like

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Working...
                X