Cat converter??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat converter??

i have noticed a progressively worsening "rattling" noise my car has been making. i say it like that because.. its really hard to describe this noise. its basically a rattling/scraping noise.

it makes it whether the car is moving or not.. in the 1400-1600 and 2400-2600 rpm range

i put the car up on jack stands and pin pointed the problem.. its coming directly from my cat converter.. so i took of the shield to make sure no rocks or bolts or anything were wedged or to see if there was something i was missing..nope.

its definitely inside of the cat somehow.. has anyone else ever heard of a cat going bad and making this noise??

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

thats probably the most common way to test if its gone bad. some of the material or screen has broken off in there. i recently replaced mine
    FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
      thats probably the most common way to test if its gone bad. some of the material or screen has broken off in there. i recently replaced mine

did yours make that same loud annoying embarassing noise mines making? lol

offtopic, but your rims are fucking sick

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

I hope its not the cat but if it is at least replace it dont str8 pipe or else you want get cat.

Comment

that's EXACTLY how it would sound, i've had a couple cars that came into our shop in school w/ the same complain over the same problem

ps. thnk god i stay in FL, i just replaced it w/ a lil Megan resonator

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
          My Ride thread
          Flickr
          Originally posted by d112crzy
          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
          All I gotta really say is:
          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Working...
          X