Bad Gas???? Help Plz!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Gas???? Help Plz!!!!

I woke up today taking my mom and brother to work. I needed gas to go to an interview. After I dropped off my mom I went to put gas at Race Track on Matlock, and on the way home I my car studdered and died in my complex. I tried to crank it and it wouldnt start. I felt like a fool pushing my own car around the whole complex just to get to my apartment. I tried starting it and it started. I was pretty pissed off. So I decided to get dressed for the interview and take my car and see if it would work. I hit Matlock and the car die's in the middle of the street. Luckily it started back up and now it studders when I'm going and I'm late for my interview. I called to ask them to reschedule and I'm waiting for them to call me back. The time when it died I thought the timing belt went out. But now I'm thinking it could be bad gas at the Gas Station. What do you guys think?
    F22A1 = Now, NA : Soon, Turbo
    My Member's Thread
    Arcadia Green #14

pull a sparkplug to see if theres any moisture condensation on them/it.

Comment

check the plugs, got normal burn wear on them. Its only been about 1500 to 2000 miles since I changed them. Plus I got the Iridium NGK Sparks.
      My Member's Thread
      Arcadia Green #14

Comment

just to be safe get a bottle of "heat", you dump that in your gas tank, youll be straight if its your gas.local auto store/wally world.

Comment

Its bad gas. Find another place and get 93 and that should help.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I needed gas cuz the needle was touching the "Red Zone". I usually use QT or Shell gas.
            My Member's Thread
            Arcadia Green #14

Comment

just get u some heet like tuner2be said and u should be aiight and stay away from raceway/racetrack gas
              Accord Hybrid

Comment

Originally posted by tuner2be
                just to be safe get a bottle of "heat", you dump that in your gas tank, youll be straight if its your gas.local auto store/wally world.
                I agree...sounds like ya got water in the fuel. Dry-gas FTW. Dump in a bottle (or two) of any heet, iso-heet, or other water remover, then top off the tank and go from there.
                If it seems to do the trick, I'd run a second tank of it.
                Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Aight then, Thanks for the info, I appreciate everyone's help
                  My Member's Thread
                  Arcadia Green #14

Comment

Car wouldnt start when I went to walmart to get "HEET". I put that stuff in and vvvrrrrooommm. It started like a charm.
                    Thanks alot!!!
                    My Member's Thread
                    Arcadia Green #14

Comment

Racetrack is not good. I hate it. They like watered down gas in the isolated areas. IN the city areas they are decent but out in the middle of nowhere your fucked thats what happened to my car. MY shit would somewhat backfire and crap when idling it was horrible.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                      X