Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake lights not working

Problem:
    3 Months ago 2 out of my three brake lights stopped working. The only one that works right now is the one right behind the passengers side.

Tried:
    • Replaced brake light fuses
    • Replaced all the lighting fuses
    • Replaced the 2 not functioning bulb
    • Replaced the one functioning bulb

I noticed that my "Brake light" indicator stays on all the time. Simply said i am confused .

you can't call people when u need help? u have all the local guys numbers. all you need is to call and problem fixed. anyways bump someone help out

Comment

had the same problem here.. i replaced all the bulbs and they all work now but the brake light still stays on. i heard there is a computer or something that controls that and that to replace.. i thinks its behind the radio or cluster.. not sure. i really haven't looked to see what it is but you might give it a try !

Originally posted by Devergote
      A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by JARHEAD293
        you can't call people when u need help? u have all the local guys numbers. all you need is to call and problem fixed. anyways bump someone help out

dude i been gone for three months i'm just trying to get this brake light fixed. Im not going to call you for brake lights being out.good looking out anyway! bump

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords
          had the same problem here.. i replaced all the bulbs and they all work now but the brake light still stays on. i heard there is a computer or something that controls that and that to replace.. i thinks its behind the radio or cluster.. not sure. i really haven't looked to see what it is but you might give it a try !

be specific what im i looking for here...is it a relay?,or fuse maybe

Comment

I had the same exact problem. After I replaced my fuses and bulbs I found out the sensor( little black box)that screws into the taillight housing was bad so I went to the junkyard and got another one from a 90-91 and swapped it out. Works fine now.

Hope this helped.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

try replacing the harnesses. They tend to get old and the contacts always get corroded. Should be an easy fix, and shouldn't be very expensive. Also check the brake light sensors located within the rear lighting assembly. They are black boxes.

gluck
              DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX
                I found out the sensor( little black box)that screws into the taillight housing was bad so I went to the junkyard and got another one from a 90-91 and swapped it out. Works fine now.

Hope this helped.
                this may be the culprit.
                The beginning of a new era............................
                165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
                X