JB Weld on exhasut system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JB Weld on exhasut system

Anyone think I could get away with using JB Weld to patch a cracked weld where my resonator is attached to the exhaust pipe? Its getting kind of loud and I'd hate to pay $200+ for a muffler shop to fix it. Thoughts, comments??

No.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Do you have access to a wire wheel at all? If so, just wire wheel the weld, and have someone weld it for cheap, there is no way it should cost 200+. I wouldn't use jbweld.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

go to autozone. they sell exhaust patches that come with a putty called muffler weld. It should hold with a patch clamps and the putty. Should be under 10 bux

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
          go to autozone. they sell exhaust patches that come with a putty called muffler weld. It should hold with a patch clamps and the putty. Should be under 10 bux
          I like that idea....I'll go check it out

Comment

I dont see why you couldnt just jb weld it.

Comment

You dont mix it right it will just fall off. Anyway to patch that part up you just need a mig welder and go at it depending on how big the hole is.. And people charging 200 is a rip.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

go to the muffler shop and say hey what you charge to weld up a lil hole i bet they say $10.00,, there you go you didn't have to touch it nore worry about it ever comming loose again..
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  You dont mix it right it will just fall off. Anyway to patch that part up you just need a mig welder and go at it depending on how big the hole is.. And people charging 200 is a rip.
                  it will fall off eventually with that exhaust paste too as its temporary. the constant expansion and contraction of the metal with the heat will not make it crumble off. just get it welded up

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                    it will fall off eventually with that exhaust paste too as its temporary. the constant expansion and contraction of the metal with the heat will not make it crumble off. just get it welded up
                    Not only that there is also vibration which will cause it to come off quicker.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Hmmm....$7 for jbweld, or about $10 to get it welded?
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                        Hmmm....$7 for jbweld, or about $10 to get it welded?
                        x2
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Id pay the 20 bux for them to fix it,. The welder gets paid his money for that 7 minutes of work and the shop makes it butter

Comment

Originally posted by tuner2be
                            I dont see why you couldnt just jb weld it.

have u ever smelled burnt jb weld? i puked 3 times no joke.
                            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                            Disregard females, acquire currency
                            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

just weld it.
                              or replace the part. (yourself)
                              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                              X