Security and Main Relay question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security and Main Relay question..

Kay, i'm not so sure but i've been thinkin...

Does taking off/out your Main relay help prevent from your cb from being stolen?...i mean, yeah common sense our CBs need a main relay to operate w/fuel, etc etc...but does or has anyone tried this idea yet?
    Because IMO i would think so...but not 100% sure.
    Because hey, i really cant afford a standard alarm kit or an awesome take-off-put-on steering wheel..soo anyone?

and yeah im Just referring to the Main relay or anything that i can just take off in order for the car to not start. TIA

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Its more work but it would be something thieves would overlook unless they knew you took it off. You just need to jump some pins here and there and ta da lol.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Its more work but it would be something thieves would overlook unless they knew you took it off. You just need to jump some pins here and there and ta da lol.
      so you're saying like they can "hack" it?..omg..btw nice lip Nail or...whatever you got that looks different tahaha

*Needs*
      -New shocks
      -Struts
      -Drop
      -Cleaning
      -New Tires/Wheels
      -New Window Tint
      -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Thanks. And if someone wants to go the extra mile they can hack it. But living in the dallas area they just use a towing service. Some of them at least. There have been untagged tow trucks runnin around town sometimes late at night so yea. If they cant take it by starting up they can also tow it. There are always other ways it sucks.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

That sounds like a good idea, I actually though of it but like NAiL05 said its to much work. besides NAiL05 says that the thiefs even town a car in the Dallas area, now imagine what clever ideas thiefs can comeout here in Los Angeles.... heck!!! in East LA where I got my car stolen.

IMO I don't trust any alarm system out there, so for right now I just rely on my stering wheel quick release and quick release lock!

Comment

too much wrok huh? I can take out/ put in my main relay in less than 30 seconds. I just remove that under-dash panel and plug in/take out. easy.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
            does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7GHOST
              too much wrok huh? I can take out/ put in my main relay in less than 30 seconds. I just remove that under-dash panel and plug in/take out. easy.
              Really....I'm wondering why mine is not so accessable, I think I have to take off the dash

SOLD!!
              Boosted H22
              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
                Really....I'm wondering why mine is not so accessable, I think I have to take off the dash
                No you dont. I just have to get the cruise control out of my way since I have an EX and the main relay is right there.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

sorry dude there are tons of ways you can go about TRY'N' to prevent someone from stealing ur cb but there are even for ways for them to get around it best advise i think is dont go around showing off ur ride to any and everyone and sit down and talk with your insurance company so they will pay you every dime you deserve if something happens to your cb!!! get everything they say in writing!!!! cause i didnt do that with my first cb and it got stolen and i got shitted on by the insurance company (not going to say what company it was but now i hate LIZARDS lol)
                  Goo$e Creek stand up!

"SO IM AT IT AGAIN"

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Pinckney
                    sorry dude there are tons of ways you can go about TRY'N' to prevent someone from stealing ur cb but there are even for ways for them to get around it best advise i think is dont go around showing off ur ride to any and everyone and sit down and talk with your insurance company so they will pay you every dime you deserve if something happens to your cb!!! get everything they say in writing!!!! cause i didnt do that with my first cb and it got stolen and i got shitted on by the insurance company (not going to say what company it was but now i hate LIZARDS lol)
                    Tahahahaa...anyway in my case..i really dont show off alot...it's *** and plus im not that worried about how my cb looks...but right now, it does look broken/crappy and i kinda wanna leave it that way and just work on hp. But yeah..didn't think of the OTHER ways of a car being stolen...thanks for the tip guys.

*Needs*
                    -New shocks
                    -Struts
                    -Drop
                    -Cleaning
                    -New Tires/Wheels
                    -New Window Tint
                    -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      No you dont. I just have to get the cruise control out of my way since I have an EX and the main relay is right there.
                      O.K I'm going to take another look

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

yea and I moved the harness to sit under the dash

Originally posted by kc8enb07
                        does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

Working...
                        X