signs of bad headgasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

signs of bad headgasket?

i kno white smoke..milky oil..sludgy coolant..i have neither of these. i recently overheated on a long trip from nj to va...water pump is new..im losing coolant tho. i filled it yesterday..kept checcking the level..and it was fine..BUT about 3-4 days ago..the radiator level was low..filled it up...drove to class and some errands...checked my level later on and it was low..so im thinking while driving its leaking..i ordered a new radiator cap and thermostat and gonna see if that fixes it..i doubt it..idk..i have no signs of blown headgasket aside from the coolant loss..bah i hae this motor..cant wait till my other motors done being built

btw..im gnonna check my spark plugs today..also..the car runs fine..doesnt bog or antyhing

Comment

i had this problem too, you will have to get a block test done to fully confirm it, but its prolly leaking between cylinders by very little, which indicates blown headgasket

mine was leaking between 2 and 3 along a crack in the head, i got a new head and milled it and everythings fine now
      "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

If the HG is leaking apressure test will confirm it for you.

Comment

did u bleed it when u filled it back up? check all hoses also. see any leaks under the car?

Comment

another thing to check is that if you have moisture in your exhaust system.

Originally posted by Devergote
            A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords
              another thing to check is that if you have moisture in your exhaust system.
              Not always exact. Wouldnt trust that method too much. Anyway you pressure test the system to confirm there are no visible leaks? I would do that first before jumping to HG and maybe check your tstat and such.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm wondering though if a compression test would detect a small leak with the h/g?

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22
                375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

personally, i'd start off by making sure the system is well-bled, then pressure testing for any common leaks then go from there

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                  My Ride thread
                  Flickr
                  Originally posted by d112crzy
                  And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                  All I gotta really say is:
                  People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Working...
                  X