Mystery Part.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Part.....

I was looking at at the a/c condenser a few days ago, and this was just laying on top of that lower engine bay cover/skid plate thing.

WEIRD!

Anyone have any clue as to what this is? and if it is important?

Thanks guys, I know you will figure it out!

It's the timing hole cover where your engine meets your transmission. Just look around there, you'll see it.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
      It's the timing hole cover where your engine meets your transmission. Just look around there, you'll see it.
      Yep itsi where you can see timing marks on your flywheel. Located between block, trans. SHould sit next to where the engine code is if not too far from it cant miss it. Helps prevent shit from goin in there also.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

good thing you didnt lose that, those are hard to come by!

my smog tech stole mine
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

WOW, you have got to be joking me!

That hole has not had a cover sence i bought the car! I just looked at engine bay pics from when I bought it, and no plug.

It must have just fallen out of its hiding spot?

anyways, thanks guys for your timely responses!

Comment

at least your mystery part isnt a mystery any more. My mystery part is a bolt wit ha hole in it. I think it might move fuel around or something, any way i took it off when i re did my water lines. I turned the car drove away came back home various times untill i wrecked. I dunno seems kinda messed up that theres a bolt with a holw through it .

Comment

Lots of them have holes. The adjusters for the alternator and power steering pump both have bolts with holes in them.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

ima check my accesories make sure that it didnt come out of there. I dunno where it came from. im not leaking fuel so i guess its all good. *shrugs*

Comment

Working...
                X