About the put the H22 back in, few last min ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the put the H22 back in, few last min ?'s

My H22'd accord was a great running car for about a year after I did the swap...then a steel plate took out the trans. Its been down a while due to other projects and whatnot. Now that im finally ready to put it in I want to do a few things to clean it up.

1) Timing belt (related components), water pump... I just need to go pick these parts up not a big deal as long as I can get that damn crank bolt off. Honda parts or name brand local parts store?

2) Oil pan gasket was leaking, I picked up one at the local parts store but I did not at all like the quality of it. In the past when I build 4G63 turbo motors I just use grey gasket maker and have never had an issue with it sealing. Should I go get a different gasket for the H22 or should I just go with grey gasket maker?? Any opinions?

3) **while its out of the car** I was considering new valve seals. My engine is strong but in the dead cold winter I see a bit of blue on start...im sure its the valve seals especially from sitting. Question is can they be changed out with the head left on... Ive seen this done on DSM motors but im not sure with the H22 or not. I dont want to have to take the motor all apart I dont want to put lots of money into this I just want it back together.

Any input would be great, thanks!
    **My CB7 has been sold**

Well ur 2nd question should actually have answered your first.

Use Honda OEM parts for the H22. obviously u werent happy with the quality of the OP gasket from the local parts store. what makes you think the t-belt shtuff wont be the same.....kinda risky on vital parts.

the H22 requires a OP gasket....i would use one. i think there are only a couple oil pans on honda engines that done require a gasket, and they use Honda ultra flange (* u can get some from Honda i believe, although ive never sold some retail haha) or you can use some hondabond.
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

True true, well with my race GSX I only use oem belts and such. I will stop in honda shortly and get a few things I need.
      **My CB7 has been sold**

Comment

Searched for a long while now on here and around the internet for a timing belt swap FAQ or something. Ive changed them before on multiple other cars so its nothing new just wanted something to follow. I keep finding F22 stuff but thats not going to help. Any ideas (other then OEM or prelude manuals). Found conversion info but since the motor will stay pretty much stock im just going to replace the auto tensioner. They come clamped down so I dont think I need any tools? right?

Thanks
        **My CB7 has been sold**

Comment

Timing belt, balance shaft belt, auto tensioner, water pump, and the oil pan gasket are all replaced (OEM honda parts). All thats left is the trans/TC connecting to the engine and back in it goes.

Any recomendations on getting the TC on the trans and seated in/on all the way? I dont feel like its going all the way on like it should (but then again its been a long while since I had it apart.

Thanks
          **My CB7 has been sold**

Comment

Originally posted by TalontedTSi
            Timing belt, balance shaft belt, auto tensioner, water pump, and the oil pan gasket are all replaced (OEM honda parts). All thats left is the trans/TC connecting to the engine and back in it goes.

Any recomendations on getting the TC on the trans and seated in/on all the way? I dont feel like its going all the way on like it should (but then again its been a long while since I had it apart.

Thanks
            TC=torque converter right
            put it on the spline it'll slide on a little, then rotate it back and forth and it will got the rest of the way on G/L
            MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
            If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Thanks, I will give this a try tomorrow morning. Im hyped to have this car back on the road!!! Its been down too long.

Yes TC meant torque converter...I write it that way so much with regard to my F350 it just comes out that way now. So your saying line it up, push it in a bit and then right/left continously until it goes in? Does it sit flush with the trans bell housing or go in? I thought I remembered it sitting recessed in a bit.

Thanks!
              **My CB7 has been sold**

Comment

Originally posted by TalontedTSi
                Thanks, I will give this a try tomorrow morning. Im hyped to have this car back on the road!!! Its been down too long.

Yes TC meant torque converter...I write it that way so much with regard to my F350 it just comes out that way now. So your saying line it up, push it in a bit and then right/left continously until it goes in? Does it sit flush with the trans bell housing or go in? I thought I remembered it sitting recessed in a bit.

Thanks!
                Exactly!! I believe it will be recessed just a little.
                MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Working...
                X