Fuel Tank drain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Tank drain?

Is there a drain on the stock fuel tank? My car sat for a long while engineless... now im getting it all back together and I want to drain out all the old fuel. Just wanted to know if there is a drain plug before I have to drop the tank.

Thanks all
    **My CB7 has been sold**

I'm not completely sure but I believe there is. Just get under your car and look.

Originally posted by deevergote
    When you have to take a leak, and someone's in the bathroom, isn't it proper to piss in the fridge?

Comment

Yes there is.

I had a tank of bad gas and didnt know it and when i brought my car in for service they informed me that i was lucky because there was a drain plug on the tank and if there hadnt been one they would have charged me for psyphioning(sp) it out.

But yea get a Haynes manual or a Helms manual and it should tell you the location of the bolt and the TQ specs and all that goodness.

Comment

Great to know! Makes it easier that way then dropping the tank. Ive been meaning to get the motor back in the car...H22 swap went fine until my dad was driving it and a steel plate took out the trans. So im going to get her back up and running hopefully this week!

I picked up a Eclipse GSX shell some time ago with a blown motor to build... the guy had it sitting years plus the time I during the engine build time. That car does not have a drain so I had the lovely time taking the tank out and completely flushing out all the gunk and old fuel.
        **My CB7 has been sold**

Comment

bringing this up again, my car has been sitting in my garage for about 2 months now, and the guy i bought it from said its been about 2 months with a blown engine. so no fuel has been going through, mixed, or added for 4 months. i want a fresh start, so i tried siphoning the gas out. i think there is a screen or something in the filler pipe because the hose stops after a certain length and cant go any further.

i jacked the car up went under, and appears most of the tank has a bit of road tar on it. but it looks like there is a bolt there and want to make sure i am thinking of the same bolt. this bolt i see is on the driver side near the back of the car on the tank. looks like its probably supposed to be a 17mm but like i said its covered in tar. i cant seem to locate my haynes from my first cb7. any help would be great. thanks.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
          So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

anyone know the location of this bolt? i cant locate my haynes manual. i found a bolt on the driver side looks to be a 17mm. is this the drain bolt for the gas tank? thanks guys.

So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

That sounds about right.

Did you try starting it on the gas that's in there though? 4 months isn't really a problem on a fuel injected car. My prelude sat for almost a year and never ran until I bought it. Started right up, ran like crap for what gas was in the tank, but ran.

Comment

man this aint good I have at least 1/2 a tank of gas in my tank lol, and it's been sitting since october lol, I hope I can get a big enough bucket or gas can to hold it then ill use it as a bon fire starter lol

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread
                Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Take it out and sell it on ebay.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    Take it out and sell it on ebay.
                    hahaha, thats good. no i dont want to risk just starting it up, i wanted to drain at least half of it, put in like a stabilizer, and then put like 5 gallons back in to mix it up or what not. just didnt want to run it with crap in the bottom of the tank. i will go for a drain this weekend. i have a couple 5 gallon buckets. figured i would take 7-8 out and put about the same back in, figured that would mix the newer with the old good enough.

Comment

i guess i'll join the bandwagon.

my car has been sitting there being worked on very slowly since october 06. Now i've started it several times before so it starts. I think it's the battery cable that's causing me to have a hard time starting it, the negative is loose enough for me to lift it off the terminal with my hand reguardless how tight i tighten it.

according to the fuel gauge theres less than a quarter tank left. my original plan was just to dump some Shell top of the line fuel in there along with some Lucas. i guess i could drain it now that i hear theres a plug.

Comment

If you know the car runs, just dump a bit of fresh fuel and some gas line water remover in. The adative will bind to any of the water or crud in the tank and stop it from going into the engine right off the bat.

Comment

even worse for me! i parked my car in nov of 06 with a full tank of 110 octane race gas! what a waste of money!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                          member ride thread
                          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
                            even worse for me! i parked my car in nov of 06 with a full tank of 110 octane race gas! what a waste of money!

wow... that must have cost a pretty penny.

Comment

was about 70 bucks

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                              member ride thread
                              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                              X