!!!!!clutch problems!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!!!!clutch problems!!!!!

i just got my new cb and if i stopped at a light i would have to pump the clutch to put it in gear. so, i changed the clutch master cylinder and of couse bled the system. then i adjusted the pedal and it does the same thing. Also when im going from 1st to 2ns gear, the rpms have to drop b4 it goes in, if im racing it grinds like hell. what could be the problem? thanks in advance.
    if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

i had the same problem before the motor died. it would be interesting to see what they say about it

vanillagorilla A.k.A glock22
    Then one day I meet a man,
    He came to me and said,
    "Hard work good and hard work fine,
    but first take care of head"

Comment

id check for leaks...check the rubber clutch line near the linkages.

both mine and my friends (Thenextazn) line got a hole and began leaking. i was sitting at a stop light and i couldnt engage into 2nd.

your second problem is just a result of the primary problem, because the clutch isnt releasing enough to allow the transmission to engage into smoothly. (or at least i tihnk thats how clutches and transmissions work)

when you push in the clutch pedal, have someone look at the slave cylinder and see whether or not it is giving a full stroke.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i am going to look into that as well. i have to order a new clutch anyways so i might as well replace everything i can

vanillagorilla A.k.A glock22
        Then one day I meet a man,
        He came to me and said,
        "Hard work good and hard work fine,
        but first take care of head"

Comment

Originally posted by japspecb7
          i just got my new cb and if i stopped at a light i would have to pump the clutch to put it in gear. so, i changed the clutch master cylinder and of couse bled the system. then i adjusted the pedal and it does the same thing. Also when im going from 1st to 2ns gear, the rpms have to drop b4 it goes in, if im racing it grinds like hell. what could be the problem? thanks in advance.
          was the clutch brand new or somewhat new??

it could be the splines on the clutch pressure plate are worn so when you engage the clutch, it doesnt fully depress the pressure plate from the clutch disc

also you could have a leak or not bled properly(trust me, bleeding clutches take like years by yourself)

check if theres any leaks and make sure when depressing the clutch it feels the same(not soggy or spongy), then check the slave, then check all lines running from slave to spout on tranny, then spout to dampener, then that long ass line to the master slave(even though normally the line from dampener to MC never really leaks b/c its a hard line)
          "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

ur clutch is definatly not ingaging properly hmmm yes check for leaks in line especially if u bled the system iether tha or its time for a new clutch.

Comment

as Wed3k said, check that stupid clutch hose.. mine was leaking veerrry lightly but with time i'd sit at a light then when i put it in gear.. it wouldn't go.

I'd also check ur Tranny Fluid.. syncromesh with honda MTF = The win!
              -:¦:-
              Originally posted by wed3k
              i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Nobody thought to mention the slave cylinder?
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

ive mentioned everything in my first goddamn post. everyone is just repeating me, JESUS!
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ive mentioned everything in my first goddamn post. everyone is just repeating me, JESUS!
                    naaahh aaahh.. i also added tranny fluid!... 1 point danyo! hahaha
                    -:¦:-
                    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

thanks for the help everyone, the problem was the whose that runs from the master slave to the resevior(think thats how you spell it) wasnt tight enough and it was leaking.
                      if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

Comment

D'oh, just missed it. My bad.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                        X