Is My Tranny Going Out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is My Tranny Going Out??

ok idk where im supposed tro post this but anyways. my car (1997 honda accord ex, auto) is being skanky and i cant figure out what it is. i think it might be tranny but then again idk??

1. my speedometer will bounce to random speeds or just drop to zero.

2. from a dead stop ... i take off and it feels like it dont wana go. like if the hand brake is up or sumthing.

3. if already past oh lets say 30mph and i floor it .. nothing. i mean it picks up speed but really slow .. as if its not breathing.

it doesnt do these things all the time ... but when it does .. they all happen at the same time. its weird. i thought maybe the catalac converter, but i checked and its not clogged, gave it a tune up... the only thing i havent done is a tranny flush?? but idk .... any ideas guys.

replace your speed sensor, the top portion of it, and do a trans flush.
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

When you had a tune up what did you have done to it?

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

replace vss and go from there

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
          replace vss and go from there
          Yep You will be amazed how many problems this lil part will do. Replace it and the symptoms should go away.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            Yep You will be amazed how many problems this lil part will do. Replace it and the symptoms should go away.
            yeah I had my speedometer drop randomly and it died a little while after. I don't know that it would change how it accelerated, but being a newer model is could be possible that it does make changes based on speed sensing.
            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
              yeah I had my speedometer drop randomly and it died a little while after. I don't know that it would change how it accelerated, but being a newer model is could be possible that it does make changes based on speed sensing.
              5 speed its means nothing
              auto it will not shift or incorrectly shift without it

Comment

I am lost but as Chio said. It senses the right speed/load to judge line pressure and all that. Most autos are like that. Even older hondas will do that. 5 speed if you throw a code have fun especially if you have some sort of vtec motor.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
                  5 speed its means nothing
                  auto it will not shift or incorrectly shift without it
                  funny, my car still drove fine for over a week without the vss working at all.

Comment

Where is the VSSensor located?

Comment

Originally posted by GameChewer
                      Where is the VSSensor located?
                      right under joint between the air intake pipe and the intake manifold, on the back of the tranny. It's down there a ways and a major pain to get at. DON't do like I did and drop one of the bolts down further, I almost lost my hand getting it back out from under the rear engine mount lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                        right under joint between the air intake pipe and the intake manifold, on the back of the tranny. It's down there a ways and a major pain to get at. DON't do like I did and drop one of the bolts down further, I almost lost my hand getting it back out from under the rear engine mount lol...
                        what does it look like im going to find one tomorow at the yard.

Comment

Originally posted by GameChewer
                          what does it look like im going to find one tomorow at the yard.
                          if you've ever had an rc car, and taken one apart, it looks a bit like the little electronic motor. It'll be attached by two bolts, and has a small wire lead connector.

Comment

i need to replace mine, ive already replaced them before (not personally i had a shop cuz i didnt know what i was doing then) but ive noticed everytime i changesomething on my intake system that shit gets fd up. like when i did my cai it happened, then when i did the h23 IM swap it happened again. for the cb its like $120 dealer or like $40 on ebay.. autozone was about the same as ebay i beleive

Member Ride Facebook
                            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                            For Sale Thread

Comment

Well An Update ...

I Had Checked The Fluid And It Was A Little Low So I Added A Quart And It Started Runnign Fine Again.. I Would Say For Like 2 Wks .. Then All Of A Sudden It Went Back To Being Skanky. Now Its Really Making Me Mad ... Ima Prolly Just Get Another Tranny ...

But I Wanted To Ask If U All Think Putting An H22 Auto Or Semi Auto Would Be Better Than Putting An Other Accord Tranny??

I Dont Want Standard So Dont Even Suggest That K Thx ... Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X