A/C Recharge - Anyone use Freeze-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C Recharge - Anyone use Freeze-12

Anyone use Freeze-12 as replacement for R-12? I'm not interested in converting to R134a because I only plan to keep this car another year or so. As a result I'm looking at this kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=320147274922

Anyone have any comments? Does that kit contain everything I need to recharge my A/C system?

Freeze 12 works ive seen people use it.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Freeze 12 works ive seen people use it.
      Thanks - do you happen to know if the kit I linked contains everything I need to recharge my AC?

Comment

I have used freeze 12 in my 88 ranger for several years now(will probably use in the honda when it needs some). Works pretty good. It is supposed to be a direct replacement for R-12. It is getting harder to find at some parts stores, the ones that i have had the most luck with is napa and car quest as far as carrying it. The kit on e-bay does look like a pretty good kit though. I have never put oil into my system but it probably would be a good idea if yours was fairly low because the oil leaks out as well as the freon so your seals dont stay conditioned and that leads to more leaks. The two cans should get you filled up pretty good. You might want to use some AC guages though when you go to put it in so you will know if you have too much or too little because neither one is very good. hope this helps a little.

Comment

Originally posted by acchonda
          I have used freeze 12 in my 88 ranger for several years now(will probably use in the honda when it needs some). Works pretty good. It is supposed to be a direct replacement for R-12. It is getting harder to find at some parts stores, the ones that i have had the most luck with is napa and car quest as far as carrying it. The kit on e-bay does look like a pretty good kit though. I have never put oil into my system but it probably would be a good idea if yours was fairly low because the oil leaks out as well as the freon so your seals dont stay conditioned and that leads to more leaks. The two cans should get you filled up pretty good. You might want to use some AC guages though when you go to put it in so you will know if you have too much or too little because neither one is very good. hope this helps a little.
          That's very helpful. I've read that the gauges are important, because if you overfill a system it's inefficient (perhaps to push the extra freeze-12 around?)? I can use any AC gauge correct? Are those something I could rent from AutoZone?
          Last edited by doylna; 08-14-2007, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Red Tek...hydrogen based, colder than R12 and enviroment and human friendly.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
              Red Tek...hydrogen based, colder than R12 and enviroment and human friendly.
              Nice, thanks. Do you have access to the kit they sell on their site? They appear to only sell 6 packs of the kit, and obviously, I only need one.

Comment

i work with a dealer of Red Tek, he charges 9 dollars for the bottle/can (shipping may be extra). as for the recharging kit, any auto parts store will carry it.

lemme get back to you on it though.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

Thanks - this is what I'm interested in

http://www.redtekstore.com/Merchant2...duct_Code=313a

I don't have the fittings or hoses, so I'll need the whole kit.

Comment

well, like i said, lemme ask the guy who deals Red Tek.

300 bucks is way too much.

worse comes worse...10 dollars for the can and bring it to a local highschool Automotive course and they'll do that shit cheap.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

I will have to look into this. I need a recharge too. Maybe more. We will see.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

sorry the guy didnt come into work today so hopefully i can update 2morrow.

offtopic: scott, you still want that flange?
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                          sorry the guy didnt come into work today so hopefully i can update 2morrow.

offtopic: scott, you still want that flange?

Crap! Sorry, yes I do, I completely forgot. I get paid Monday, so I will Paypal you then.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

okay, my guy says that it will work with a R134a manifold and for R12, you'll just need an adapter for the manifold.
                            10 bucks a can
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                            X