push button to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

push button to start

i hurd from a friend he knows someone that starts their car by a "secret way" and in order to start the car u turn the key to ignition and then you would push this button on the dash board consol...(not a aftermarket button, but a button that came with the car) i think it was a fog light button or sumthin...but he would jus have to push it once and then you could start the car. but if u didnt push that button you wouldnt be able to start it...it acts like how you would try to start a car with out stepping on the clutch. anyone know how to do this? i wanna try doing it to my cb

"You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive."

saw a Tbird with a nascar type built motor a 347? little primary huge secondary (tbird like the 95 model) well any way he went from a FI modualr motor to a Carb OHV motor and in order to start the car you had to hold a button and flip a switch once the car started you let go of the buttom with the switch on. but if you pushed the button again it would i think make the starter move again. Dont quote me on that since i only saw he turn it on once. The car had so much TQ that the Jaguar differential on there could let him burn ou since they would break.

Comment

anyone could do this. you just need a power and ground and hook it up to the starter.
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

so what would i have to do? re wire the starter wire or sumthing?

Comment

use a relay. cut the starter wire at the ignition switch, key side to 30. starter side to 87. if the button you want to use puts out a 12v+ (like the parking light switch) run it to 85, and ground 86. opposite if it puts out a ground.
          Last edited by 2.2litrebeater; 08-23-2007, 10:03 AM.
          FA1

Comment

do you know what type of relay i would be using?

Comment

anyone know??? relay??

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
                use a relay. cut the starter wire at the ignition switch, key side to 30. starter side to 87. if the button you want to use puts out a 12v+ (like the parking light switch) run it to 85, and ground 86. opposite if it puts out a ground.
                would probably work tapping into the clutch switch wire instead of the starter wire too

uhmmmmmm....... I'm confused! I've been wanting to do this since my homeboy did it to his MR2 but since I'm not good at electrical I won't even bother

Comment

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page2.asp#psk

This shows 3 ways of doing this, you'll probably want the 3rd (althought its more complicated).
                  MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                  If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cb7FoME
                    do you know what type of relay i would be using?
                    just a standard bosch
                    [QUOTE=rudy1980]http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page2.asp#psk

Originally posted by socal_cb7
                    uhmmmmmm....... I'm confused! I've been wanting to do this since my homeboy did it to his MR2 but since I'm not good at electrical I won't even bother
                    http://www.bcae1.com/relays.htm
                    Last edited by 2.2litrebeater; 08-23-2007, 10:03 AM.
                    FA1

Comment

o0h okay....so could i just hook up the wires to the cruise control button...so that everytime i would start my car i would jus push tht cruise control button to start? cuz my cruise control i have no use for...and i just want the cruise control button becuase that would be a button i could get to right away and when people would try to start my car they wouldnt expect to push the button to start my car

Comment

Originally posted by cb7FoME
                        o0h okay....so could i just hook up the wires to the cruise control button...so that everytime i would start my car i would jus push tht cruise control button to start? cuz my cruise control i have no use for...and i just want the cruise control button becuase that would be a button i could get to right away and when people would try to start my car they wouldnt expect to push the button to start my car
                        Yeah, you would turn the key on, push the button then start.

BTW you wouldn't lose the function of the button is will still do whatever it is suppose to, just not the first time u psuh it, after the first push it returns to normal.
                        MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                        If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

or you could get the button out of the s2000 on ebay and do it somewhere better like shown in the following:http://www.hondamodifications.com/pushbuttonstart.htm

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

spst (sinlgle pole single throw) bosche relay they are freaking cheap and this project would take me a whole 10 min or so to complete i would make it interesting tho and have 2 diff buttons. but why bother cuz any good thief that wants your car is gunna get it either way

Member Ride Facebook
                            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                            For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
                              spst (sinlgle pole single throw) bosche relay they are freaking cheap and this project would take me a whole 10 min or so to complete i would make it interesting tho and have 2 diff buttons. but why bother cuz any good thief that wants your car is gunna get it either way
                              well tech. im not doin it for theifs....im jus doing it to protect my car from the fam bam and my friends....i dont trust them much for driving my car... but anywayz do you know wut color the wires are?

Comment

Working...
                              X