Oops I Did It Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops I Did It Again

i just decided to copy this from a local forum yes thats mine and my post ill have more pics later looks like its time to upgrade to the h22 i have sittin here
    and make 500 to the wheel like a good boy would

so after i rolled through on woodward and didnt really feel like staying i decided to head towards gratiot well as i was getting on 696 i heard something funny. then as i got towards the mound exit decided it was time to get off and check it out smelled and sounded funny.

at this point i pulled into the bp and couldnt really find anything bad well as i started the car i heard a lil bit of a funny noise and i was kinda leary so i started to make the trek home hoping i would make it of course.

well i didnt make it but i made it to general dynamics and heres the aftermath i could see tonight more pics will follow

and a great thanks to the security at general dynamics for being so understanding and polite

sorry its dark highlight it and see the traiul of coolant from the shattered block

this one was one i found behind the car after i got out it was glowing when i took the pic just couldnt tell in the pic damn flash

the build and demise
    buy stuff i want a new car

WTF!!!...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Wow dude you hit boost spike?
      99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

no boost spike the connoecting rod just failed something horrible

butthe good news is im picking up an h22 for free tomorrow i ordered my rods and pistons last night and ill be getting sleeves on tuesday hopefully its built by next weekend

for the woodward dream cruise

the build and demise

Comment

Wow. That's quite the carnage. O_O

Good luck with the new build.
          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

O.M.G., that's freaking crazy.
            "Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster" Proverbs 10:14

Comment

cant wait to get more pics as i take the motor out it was a f22 with the h23 head on it running 10psi all day no problems i guess the rods were just too old

oh well more pics later on and the new build thread will have to be started soon

borg warner ftw

the build and demise

Comment

Whatcha gonna do with your h23 head?
                "Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster" Proverbs 10:14

Comment

sell it do you want the turbo setup too ? ya know ya do

head is sealed and in great condition as far as i know ill let you know more when i get the head off the car which im going to go to the shop and do in a few minutes

oh if anyone needs anything i work for these guys

addictsracing.com

the build and demise

Comment

Those look like stock rods?

I wouldn't turbo with stock rods
                    wat?

Comment

they were stock shot pened rods the motor was tested to 25psi on homemade turbo didnt blow until 25 but the issue i had was i was running high compresion and 2 cheap to get new rods and pistons. i had to get to work some how
                      any boosting on stock internals is not bad boosting on older worn stock internals another issue it was a full rebuild last time minus rods and pistons

anyway more pics i just went to the shop and tore down the front half ofthe motor to find the gapping hole in the block and a couple pics of what it looked like b4 it blew up
                      oh and yes i was beating the hell out of it

the build and demise

Comment

oh and with stock internals the car layed down 380 at wheels

the build and demise

Comment

how much boost psi were you running that night? 350 on stock rods is asking for what you have now.
                          miss my turbo cb7
                          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

sounds like you need to post a kill list in your sig a motor kill list........lol
                            F22A1:blew up
                            F22A1/H22:blew up
                            F22A6/H22: " "
                            F22A4/H22: " "
                            H23A1 boosted:blew up
                            H23A1:traded
                            H23A1/H22 built:still in progress (getting my feet wet)

drive it like you stole it
                            FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB)

Comment

380........ sounds like a lot, how long were you putting those numbers?

that's fucking S I C K!!!!

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                              My Ride thread
                              Flickr
                              Originally posted by d112crzy
                              And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                              All I gotta really say is:
                              People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Working...
                              X