a really...really wierd problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a really...really wierd problem...

okay so my friend got into an accident a little while ago.

rearended some idiot infront of him that slammed on the breaks in a turning lane, while not all the way in the turning lane making my friend hit him. on the front of the passengerside, the headlight was destroyed. anyway, here's how he described the problem to me. he brought the car over today, and it's the most bizarre thing i've ever seen.

this is how he described it to me in aim
    "
    whenever i accelerate the lights turn off
    and the blinker light stays on
    but i can leave the brights on all the time
    we brought it to a place and they didnt even check it we dont think
    and whenever i cranked it up, it like shakes a little and almost sounds like its about to cut off
    kind of like when you stall out in a manual, same kind of thing
    really weird, but i dunno what my parents are going to do, im gonna suggest they sell it
    i mean it drives fine aside from the electricty part "

and that's exactley how it was when he brought it over. any help guys?

also, it's a 91 EX with 176,xxx miles, and the problem listed above. the body is in good shape except for that accident. no rust, east coast livin ftw! also, his Sports mode button blinks, but it's not engaged. any word on that?

so how much do you think the car would be worth with the current problems it's got? i think i might of found the right project car

It sounds like there's a grounding issue or that wires are touching causing it have problems. I would have all the wires checked inside the engine bay and under the steering column

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

i wouldn't know what it is bro...i hate electicity problems

*Needs*
      -New shocks
      -Struts
      -Drop
      -Cleaning
      -New Tires/Wheels
      -New Window Tint
      -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Where exactly is his car damaged, I would start looking for wires around there first and work my way through.
        1993 Accord EX
        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

check alternator while your at it.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
          does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

the alternator?

anyway, the body damage was repaired a little bit ago, but he told me about hte light problems two days ago.

and....anybody wanna throw and numbers out on the cars worth? nice interior, nice body. just got into hte accident, but the damage was fixed. ac is kinda screwy, and theres the lights problem. any idea?

Comment

Working...
            X