Major wiring problems....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major wiring problems....

So, my cooling fans stopped turning. So, the car temp raises when the a/c is on, and the car is stopped. But when the car is stopped with no a/c, its fine, stays normal. So i have my mechanic look at it, and he determines my car has the worst wiring he has ever seen! He says its cheap, done wrong, and so on and so forth. He says i need to get the entire front end rewired! Oh noes! So i call a wiring company, theyre looking at $500 to do it all.

My question is this- everything works fine in the car. Everything. except of course, the fans. So I think that theres no point in rewiring everything to fix one thing. Who cares if it's done wrong? It all works, right?

So could I make a circuit, from ignition wire, to toggle switch, to cooling fans, and be done with it? That way, i could turn the switch off when im on the highway, since theres no need for the fan anyways. Would that work fine? Or should I spend the money and get the car fixed. I dont have the money, and it doesnt bother me that it's wired wrong. at all.

So what do you guys think of that?

You could probably go to the junkyard and buy a complete wire harness for your car for less than $200.

But yes, if everything works and you could care less, you can wire up a switch to the fans. Lots of people do that.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
    X