did my clutch go or my tranny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did my clutch go or my tranny?

ok guys well while i was on my way to HIN: seattle i got to about 2 blocks away from where it was and i was stopped then i shifted it into 1st and started going then BAM i hear chunks of somthing and my tranny pops outta gear and my enigne revs up lol so took my foot off the gas really fast i think ot only got to about 6k but i let it coast to a stop and tried putting it into gear, it goeas into gear but then i press on the as and the engine just revs, and it sounds like my clutch is trying to grab but wont lol now i know its more then likly the clutch cause the tranny doesnt grind, or even get power to for that matter lol i think its funny how my Excedy stage 1 clutch was supped to hold 125% more power then oem yet it gae way after only 6 months of use lol so yea when i get my car back here im gonna pull the tranny and slap a new clutch in there along with a new flywheel cause im sure it has gashes in it from me trying to go after the clutch slef destructed, also i had the clutch sitting in my room for over a year woudl that have any neg. effects on it?

thanks guys
    Last edited by almostJDM; 08-05-2007, 01:33 PM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

if the clutch was new than no it shouldnt be any problem.

if it was used, what does the pressure plate surface look like?
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

well it was all new pressure plate included but the reason i think it was the clutch is cause it can shift it into gear but all the sound it makes it somting rubbing no grinding at all like mashed up metal would make

1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

if you just changed the clutch recently, i would put my money on that.

how many miles on your tranny?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

about 175k but i think its the clutch cause i learned how to drive stick on this clutch, with this engine lol but yea i wont know till i take the tranny out

1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread

Comment

drain the fluid and see if anything metal comes out, lol.

Im thinkin its clutch related bro. might be a headache, but its a lot cheaper i think.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq

Comment

yea im gonna do that once i get my car back to my friends house lool its 3 hrs away form me in the middle of downtown seattle lol but seems like a good place cause thers a lot of sick cars that are always parked there cause they live there but still im sick lol i want my cb safe here lol plus if it is the tranny i can hopfully go pick up a jdm one from an importer ther while i get my car thats a plus cause i only have 5 more days here lol and itll take me a day to remove the tranny

1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread

Comment

shit good luck man

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM
                  yea im gonna do that once i get my car back to my friends house lool its 3 hrs away form me in the middle of downtown seattle lol but seems like a good place cause thers a lot of sick cars that are always parked there cause they live there but still im sick lol i want my cb safe here lol plus if it is the tranny i can hopfully go pick up a jdm one from an importer ther while i get my car thats a plus cause i only have 5 more days here lol and itll take me a day to remove the tranny
                  man, it only took my friend and i 3.5 hrs to take the tranny, clutch and flywheel off.

what happened to his was that even in neutral, when the clutch was pressed in and released, it would make a horrible grinding sound.

turns out the pressure plate fingers were bent and broken off and the majority of the balls of the throwout beaing fell out
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

yea mine i can put it in gear and everyting fine but no go lol and the trany doesnt grind haha but yea i just revved up a tad to about 1.5k slowly let go of the clutch and got to about 5mph and mashed on the gas and BAM lol

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread

Comment

See if your axle popped out.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                        See if your axle popped out.
                        already checked that there both still in

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread

Comment

my intermediate shaft popped out when I was on the highway not that long ago...so that is something else to look at

Comment

Did you get a performance clutch or an aftermarket replacement? I made my Luk clutch go out in 3 months. Pressure plate was weak as shit.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by rexload
                              my intermediate shaft popped out when I was on the highway not that long ago...so that is something else to look at
                              but it is held on by three bolts, how does it pop out?
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X