Driverside axle, how much freeplay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driverside axle, how much freeplay?

Just a question, where the driverside axle goes into the mount to the halfshaft, how much, if any play should there be?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Originally posted by starchland
    Just a question, where the driverside axle goes into the mount to the halfshaft, how much, if any play should there be?

There should be pretty much 0 play. If there is play, you will have to figure out if it is the intermediate shaft, or if it is the inner axle joint. It will more commonly be the inner axle joint though.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

alright ive got a sizable amount of play, well enough that it strikes me as out of place.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
        alright ive got a sizable amount of play, well enough that it strikes me as out of place.

That is probably not good. If you rotate the axle back and forth, it should pretty much start to move the differential right away. There is usually a little bit of play in the differential, so you should make sure that isn't the source.

As far as in or out, or side to side, there shouldn't be any, as long as you are dealing with the base of the axle, or IM shaft.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
        X