I need help from those with external dizzys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help from those with external dizzys

I have a feeling my coil is failing, but I don't have another one to compare it to, or replace it with. I don't want to spend the money on a new one unless I know it needs to be replaced.

The car has trouble starting and running when its cold and/or when its humid out, which in FL is very often.

My Helms gives me instructions to test it, but the results to me are inconclusive. It would be of great help if someone else could grab a multimeter and give me the readings from their coil.

I just took readings from the coil cold, and its wet outside

My readings were
    A-C = 1.4 ohms
    A-S = 19.33k ohms
    B-D = no reading
    A-B = 5.6 and slowly dropping

I appreciate any help I can get!

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

I've tested my coils as well and even tho they work, test #3 always read 0 for me(ohms between B and D) All others checked out within the specs.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I fail the first tests specs and the third, but I don't know whether I can actually blame the coil or not, its just not definitive enough to me....

I hate to spend money and not fix the problem, I tried to test some junkyard units, but every cb at the junkyard is either internal dizzy or has had its motor removed along with its coil.

I have 3 distributors lying around at the house but they're all internal.

If you don't mind me asking what were your numbers? And was it a cold test?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

No, I don't remember what the numbers were. It was a while back. But I'll try and see if i still have all the coils and test them.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
        X