urgent need help with electric problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

urgent need help with electric problem

alright........heres the story..........f22a6 into a 91 ex 5spd. i used the a4 ecu and wiring harness and distributor. getting juice to the starter and to the lights in the dash. but still nothing. its not getting spark. new cap rotor plugs n wires, correct timing, correct plug order. i just cant figure it out. im beside myself, dont know what to do. the motor ran great before it went in there. oooo im also not hearing the fuel pump or any relays click when u turn the key to the on posotion either.wutta u guys think.thanks-eric
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

check your grounds in the engine.

especially the one on the thermostat housing.

humm...why did u use the a6 distribitor when u can use the a4? like it matters but i like to know.

check the fuse for the ecu, both of them...engine and compartment and check the starter signal fuse.

report back
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

it was the main relay, i did use the a4 dizzy b/c the a6 is external coil,neway,mikey and i figured out out...now all i hafta do is figure out why the clutch isnt holding pressure and ill be all good. thanks-eric

Comment

hahah i didnt think of that...what a weird time to have the main relay go out when u swap the motors.

mike is smart when he needs to be =)
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Mikey is definetly smart. i might as tell u guys why the relay went, i hooked the battery up backwards.lol. it happens right?! neway we got that done then tried bleeding the clutch but he had to leave. got that done about an hour ago. he left at 630. i think there was something stuck in the line. o well, i got a firm clutch peddle now. neway, other than that i gotta bolt the new stock exhaust on and bleed the power steering lines, about 2 hours worth of work tomarrow then i can spend the rest of the day detailing the shit outta the car and get it ready to put on the road friday. ive been w/o a car for so long.for those of you that knew my original plans must think im crazy for putting an f series back in but i just ran short on funds, im sure u guys kno how that is. neway, thanks guys-eric

Comment

no problem.

when u bleed the power steering get the tires off the ground and then go left to rigth but dont hit any stops...just go till about there...

i accidently starved my pump and then ended up needeing to rebuild my pump

yea cpmike is really good, helped me with the DRL setup.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

one mishap after the car got done today. its throwing a CEL.idk what it could be. also the brakes go in and out.....idk what it is they are hard as a rock while im driving but when i stop and the car drops back down to a idle the peddle goes to the floor. its almost as if the master cylinders not workings correctly.any input would be greatly apprectiated. thanks guys

Comment

Working...
              X