Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some serious help guys

dunno if this is in the correct area but this just started happening
    normally when my car starts up itll idle down to 500 then raise back to about 1k

now it starts up and stil does that but it vibrates alot more and theres a woopwoopwoopwoop sound comming from under the timing belt cover and im very worried hope nuthing bad happend to my f20 now i havend been revving it hard at all it jus all of the sudden happened can anyone shed some helpful and hopful light on the matter i think its just a loose drivers side mount casue the engine slants slightly twords the driver side

thanks guys

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Quit rally racing your f20 lol. That idel sounds a lil low to me. Give your IAC a check? Can you try to get a video of the sound its making? Make sure nothing is rubbing on anyhting belt side?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

lol funny yea its always done that with the idle i think i need a new iacv cause ive clean it out many time and still the code but yea im just waiting for my bro to get here with my engine hoist and camera and i just bought a subway sub and once i her that soudn i wasnt hungry anymore

1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

yeah i cant really go off that description of the sound. try to get a clip of it. or try to describe it a bit better.
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

yea ill get a clip ima go take off my VC and upper plastic piece to see if i can see anything

1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread

Comment

ok i figured out what it is and its not good, the drivers side mount bolts that bolth the bracket to the block walked themsleves out and now theres only a few threads of one of the 3 bolts holding it in so now i gotta remove the crank pully and the lower plastic cover to get to the bolts grrr i dunno how it happened but it did, one thing im glad of is that it happened where it did and not on the hwy and im lucky that one of the bolts didnt derail the timing belt instead is skipped right past the timing belt and sank to the bottom know thats one more thing ill check often but n4 when i did the swap i didnt have andy lock tight but now i di so ima put some of that on

1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread

Comment

ok guys fixed it the drivers side mount was not even attached to the engine cause i only had one bolt in the main part of the bracket and one bolt in the smaller piece but now i have 2 in the main part but im wondering is the smaller piece necessary?

1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread

Comment

You a lucky m/f, that coulda been a real bad situation 4 you
                "Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster" Proverbs 10:14

Comment

make sure you put thread locker on the damn bolts too now.. so you know it won't happen again !! lol

Originally posted by Devergote
                  A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

rgr that i did lol but ima check em every day for a few days just to be sure

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread

Comment

im telling you quit full throttling your shit on dem dirt roads lol. Haha glad you caught that lol. At least it didnt fall off or that wouldnt have been too pretty.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok guys i have a big choice to make about how to bolt my mount back up either:

a: i bolt it up with only one big bolt onthe bigger part of the drivers side bracket and bolt on the smaller piece and just have one small screw holding the 2 pieces together like in this pic

or

B: use 2 bolts in the bigger piece and not bolt up the smaller piece

reasons why i ask is cause if i use 2 big bolts in the bigger part of ther mount i cant bolt in the smaller piece cause the mount moeves over just enought not to let the screw go into the block from the small piece

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread

Comment

quick question not to jack the thread but will a broken front mount cause the same problem. But is happens when i'm driving and come to a stop the idle drops to about 500rpm (if feels like is going to shut off but doesn't) then back up to around 1g. Also when i turn on headlights or put the power windows down the idle also drops then comes back up.
                          "Know Your Rank"

Comment

hmmmm good Q i dunno i havent had a front mount on my car since i swapped in the f20b so it might ill have to put my front mount back in and see cause mine does exactly that cept when i turn the a/c on and put it in neutral the car dies, but that might be cause the idle screw is all the way in lol

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread

Comment

Working...
                            X