power steering removal line looping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
    whoops, i apologize for the incorrect info... maybe the JBwelded oem fitting is the best way to go, or if you can find a bolt that big with a clean flat tip...
    All good. We all learn from each other. That's how it's supposed to be.

So I didn't want to JB weld the fitting so I improvised.

I ended up looping B and D together and A and C together.

I used either vacuum lines from the intake mani, or the power steering lines itself. To be honest, they were lines that were in a box from all the "unnecessary" parts I didn't find useful. B and D had the same diameter so that was pretty easy to find a hose for. A and C was a little more challenging. But I managed to find one that came off my intake manifold. A and C are different diameters (C being largest, A 2nd largest, and B/D the same size and the smallest). A line from the intake mani was perfect for it. I swapped my IM to a skunk 2 so I had extra lines but the junkyard should be very beneficial to you all.

Yes I zip-tied it. Only because I did not want it to hit my exhaust and possibly melt the hose. I can't take the risk and it's pretty safe since I know the sway bar doesn't rotate with the axles.

I also tried steering on jackstands left to right. It held very well. Even did quick turns. I hope any of you who follow my DIY use the screw on vacuum clamps. I ended up using on all 4, even though the pic only shows it on 2. It seals much tighter than OEM's. And, I heard the fluids move when I steered which in my book is what I want to achieve. Studying the diagram, the ps diagram is a circle (circulation). So as long as I keep the fluids in, I can't go wrong.

Fluids stay in + fluids move = A success.

Hope this helps any confusion.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Sweet getting things done.

But it would have been a bit easier to just convert the rack to manual. Then again I dont know what you wanr to do
      NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
      DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
        Sweet getting things done.

But it would have been a bit easier to just convert the rack to manual. Then again I dont know what you wanr to do
        Yeah, maybe. But this didn't cost anything. And this was easy, more cause my engine was out and converting to non-abs and removing the ps lines was easily accessible.

And yes, getting things done as in possibly tomorrow. Just need to hit the junkyard in the morning.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

This helped me so much thanks and good job on the pictures JDM Inspired they helped a lot. I was wondering JDM Inspired if you're speedometer was affected at all cause did the same thing as far as looping the line by the VSS to the hose right next to it or just like you did in the picture at the top of this page.

Comment

Working...
          X