No announcement yet.

Why can't the F22A Engine rev high?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol my stock pt3 let me rev my f22a1 to 7k in neutral even thats as high as i took it lol scared the crap outta me the first time i did that lol miss shifted lol went to 2nd instead of 4th lol luckly i caught it b4 it went higher

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM
      lol my stock pt3 let me rev my f22a1 to 7k in neutral even thats as high as i took it lol scared the crap outta me the first time i did that lol miss shifted lol went to 2nd instead of 4th lol luckly i caught it b4 it went higher
      yea actually i misshifted and went to 8k, luckily my valves are fine :o
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ok so if you build an f22a full build with race parts, top and bottom then can it take higher revs?

Comment

Originally posted by VBaccord24
          ok so if you build an f22a full build with race parts, top and bottom then can it take higher revs?
          i think a blueprinted and balanced rotating assembly, built with ARP hardware and some serious bearings and a built head would rev to 8k pretty reliably.

Comment

Yeah, stiffer valve springs, better valve retainers, balanced/blueprinted bottom end and ARP rod bolts or studs and it'd rev pretty nice. But unless you have an aftermarket cam, ported head and all the stuff to take advantage of the higher redline there's really no point to revving it that high.

Comment

do you think it would be higher with forged internals? and what is supposed to be the redline on a f22a4 mine only lets me rev until 6.5k
              Last edited by JDM ACCORZ; 07-29-2007, 10:22 PM. Reason: mispelled too many words

Comment

Actually, I think Honda bearings are super.

They need to be at the right end of the tolerances, which is part of the blueprinting anyway.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                  Actually, I think Honda bearings are super.

They need to be at the right end of the tolerances, which is part of the blueprinting anyway.
                  which is why they use them in nascar motors :o
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                    which is why they use them in nascar motors :o
                    haha..just dont tell some guy named bubba that..

Comment

seriously?

I just think the F22 was designed for duties other than performance.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

just wondering...
                        about a month ago...i was on a one way lane...this ford ranger gets on my ass while im going ten above the speed limit 40 (going 50) ...i figure he was gonna try to pass me onto the other lane to get in front of me...
                        AS soon as i see him get in the opposite lane, i dropped to 2nd gear...and i was concentrating on the ranger next to me and hear something wierd on my engine and realized im not going ANYWHERE!...i forgot to SHIFT!..i smashed it to 3rd and the ranger finally drew back behind me...i realized SHIT i almost blew my f22!...my question is: Redlining the f22 once is bad enough right???? i know it is...but will this result in bad consequences later???

*Needs*
                        -New shocks
                        -Struts
                        -Drop
                        -Cleaning
                        -New Tires/Wheels
                        -New Window Tint
                        -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

not likely unless you just held it at redline for a while... if its driving good now i wouldnt worry about it too much but thats just me

Comment

It's the 1-2-3-2 shifter that fucks your engine up.

cpmike knows all about that.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by newtuner7
                              not likely unless you just held it at redline for a while... if its driving good now i wouldnt worry about it too much but thats just me
                              I agree.

The F22s are tanks. Even at high milages. They can take a beating and hold up very well.

Just make sure you keep them well maintained.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

I think everyone is misguided about the F22.

I have seen the stock bottom ends pull to around 7K fairly routinely without any issues.

Some will claim to have had issues, but most likely, their bearings were already weak.

It isn't an 8K engine stock, but with a few things done to it, it can be.

Bisi, is revving the crap out of his, and Hondafan will be too.

Bisi's engine lasted several seasons, and was only torn down for more modifications, according to him.

He said it had very little signs of wear.

The F22 WILL rev. Mine used to love 6800. But the biggest issue is that it doesn't want to breathe that high with a completely stock head, so it is pointless.

Honda put a small cam in a highflowing head to keep the idle and emmissions performance good, while still producing good power.

It is cam limited, and then it is exhaust port limited.

And then you are likely to run into valvetrain issues probably first. Hondafan has been revving is stock block red project to 7200, and hasn't had any problems. Not sure if his springs and retainers are stock though.
                                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X