Water in motor through intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water in motor through intake

Yeah...so i was driving home and i guess there was a huge puddle across this street and i hit it and didnt think twice about it till my car started acting like it was constantly going up hill in 5th gear. It eventually got so sluggish that it shut down and when i restarted it it was a bit sluggish, she was purrin around 500rmps and eventually it got back to normal, but now if i try to accelerate quickly around 2000 rpm's in second gear the car gets all retarded and sluggish till it gets to around 35000 and then it goes back to normal. Is this problem going to be persistent? or does this eventually go away?

thanks -

p.s - what can i do about it?

"you know what a neo-conservative is...it's someone who watches the matrix and believes it's real" - lewis black.

ohio cb7's #9

id check for a timing issue...

as everyone knows, water does not compress. you could have knocked a valve around, id also check the valve lash clearance.

vacuum guage in the manifold will also help on checking for timing. the in-hg should be around 16-22 and consistent at idle.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

thanks

thanks for the reply man, me and a buddy of mine will look into it tomorrow. I really do not need this right now but luckily tomorrow is my day off so i have time to handle it.

"you know what a neo-conservative is...it's someone who watches the matrix and believes it's real" - lewis black.

ohio cb7's #9

Comment

you have a stock airbox right?
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Hydrolock, I'd drive the car around a bit and see if the problem goes away on its own

SOLD!!
          Boosted H22
          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

No i have a cold-air intake. Im sure you know where its located already. I managed to get the car home after the incident. I can really only see how it is in the morning.

ohio cb7's #9

Comment

What you can do is attempt to dry it out. Take your spark plugs out and and try to let the combustion chamber dry out that way then drive ti around and see if that helps.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah the sparkplug idea is probably good. its shitty though cause its supposed to rain for like the next four days here so working on it is going to be a pain in the ass. How long would you suggest letting it sit with the plugs removed? cause i got all day.

ohio cb7's #9

Comment

since it's going to rain as mentioned....i'd say:

In the garage...about 2 whole days

but hey guys...doesn't that seafoam take out "moisture" from the oil?? shouldn't that help? This same thing happend while driving my 99 civic coupe and i added seafoam...turned back to normal...so far so good.

*Needs*
                  -New shocks
                  -Struts
                  -Drop
                  -Cleaning
                  -New Tires/Wheels
                  -New Window Tint
                  -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

hmm. Just have to see. I used Sea foam once, but my buddy told me that in older engines sea foam breaks down the carbon build up that could actually be helping my compression stay up? :: But i didnt have any problems when i used it before.

ohio cb7's #9

Comment

lol THAT'S probably why my car leaked antifreeze from a hose connected to a crusty pipe i mentioned in another thread...which i straight up forgot to mention about.

*Needs*
                      -New shocks
                      -Struts
                      -Drop
                      -Cleaning
                      -New Tires/Wheels
                      -New Window Tint
                      -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Check to make sure that your air filter isn't full of water. Try removing the filter (or CAI as a unit) and running the car. If it gets better your filter may just be soaked. That happend to me when I cleaned the filter and neglected to let it dry before use.

Comment

could have een that because it was soaked it was restricting air flow, but i took the whole CAI off and found water in some of the upper piping that connects to the manifold. I took it off and dried it and blow dried the intake filter for about 15 min and put it back on short ram style. It runs fine right now, didnt lose any compression at 2500, or at 3500 in 2nd or in 3rd. I am still kinda worried about it. I looked in the engine head by removing the oil cap and it looked kinda funny instead of being that coffee brownish black color it had some white stuff that kinda looked like a cappuccino color mixed in with it, could that be due to the water and will the water that could have got into my engine pass through it? I've only driven it on my street, what would be the real test to see if she is fine? Me and my buddies have a quarter mile area road out here, should i push her to the limits out there? or still take out my spark plugs and dry'er out some more?
                          thanks!

ohio cb7's #9

Comment

hmm since this happend with a CAI...i guess you probably chugged a pretty good one...but yeah let it dry some more OR drive it some more to let it steam up and evaporate or something...idk that's all i gots..GL

*Needs*
                            -New shocks
                            -Struts
                            -Drop
                            -Cleaning
                            -New Tires/Wheels
                            -New Window Tint
                            -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                              What you can do is attempt to dry it out. Take your spark plugs out and and try to let the combustion chamber dry out that way then drive ti around and see if that helps.

DAMNIT Nelson....you beat me to it! STAY OUT OF MY HEAD!!
                              92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                              My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Working...
                              X