Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPG issues ?

Hey guys
    i had filled a full tank the other day for $41 at a average of i think $2.87
    i filled it full. i filled it last wednesday and today the gas light came on at i think about 320-323 miles. i got to the gas station and the end was 326 miles. Is this the average ? because if you divide 326/17 = 19 MPG....thats horrible..i dont think its that bad..how many gallons are left when the light gets on ?
    i changed the oil and got a new airfilter, which should have made the MPG a bit better ?
    whats the average you guys get ?
    Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

i only fill 13 gallons when im low. 17 is the FULL capacity meaning you used all the reserve and was stranded on the highway.

you sure you filled 17 gallons?
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i doubt it was full 17...it was like 12-13

Comment

Originally posted by Accord07
        i doubt it was full 17...it was like 12-13
        so if you divide the 326/12.5= 26mpg

you still have the reserve.
        I <3 G60.

Comment

yeah...26 still sucks

Comment

26 doesn't really suck.

These cars were rated 22city/28highway

Comment

Ive only fill full 17 once. Its not very smart thing to do either. Generally if you take out a bunch of stuff you dont need and depending on the options (wieght) it came standard with you will get better gas milage. 26mpg is very good. Generally I clock about 22 onve i think i was like in the 30ish range. Oh and to cut down on wieght and fuel cosumption try to fill your tank in 1/4's and dont turn on the ac compressor. fans however are fine. Youd be supreised how cold the drier is.

Comment

i average about 24 and i mash on it too.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

i dont use the A/C at night and cooler temps, i just open windows and pop the sunroof open..its fun
                  idk..there is no excess weight in it besides standard equipment that came with it, car is usually empty

Comment

i ditched my a/c, so i guess i have no choice
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

doesn't that reduce weight...removing the A/C compressor???

but how much does it weigh???
                      92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                      My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                        doesn't that reduce weight...removing the A/C compressor???

but how much does it weigh???
                        i think hondafan estimated it all to be 45 lbs total.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                          i think hondafan estimated it all to be 45 lbs total.
                          NICE!!!....A/C compressor...>GONE!!
                          92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                          My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

idk, i still got 32mpg driving in AZ in the heat on the highway. I dont think it takes away that much in mpg on the highway at least. but when i drive like i normally do, i get about 255 on 13.4 gallons when the light comes on. thats crappy I know but this is city driving and i drive kinda fast.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                            X