What filter for CAI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What filter for CAI?

I've had a CAI on my car for a year now with a K&N cone filter, and my last 2 oil reports have shown substantially higher than normal silicone levels, which is dirt getting past the air filter. Just wondering what everyone is running and if you have done any oil analysis to show that the filter is protecting your engine well, thanks.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

check the filter for any cracks or stuff like that and check to see if its fully secure on the pipe. and make sure all the connections on the pipes are tightened. i use something samiliar to k&n, had no problems.
    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

There are no holes or cracks in any of the intake & filter. I clean and oil it every oil change so I always check it out for damage. But I have heard, on other forums and other vehicles, that k&n filters definately allow a larger particulate through and thus it's higher flowing capability. Just wondering if there are any other high-flow filters that people are using that still filter very well.
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

K&N here too. I havent had any problems. Is the filter clamped onto the CAI Tube tightly? Sounds like there is a hole or something has came unplugged.. Later

Comment

Why do you think K/N flows so well? I tell you you have to sacrifice one or the other to get results. K/N dont filter too well thats all imma say and wherever you read that is true.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

AEM DryFlow here. no oil NEVER
            either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Originally posted by trah
              Same thats what I run. The Apexi Power filter is the only one that I know makes power and filters. The reason K/N needs oil is to catch the so called "smaller particles" So basically after all that gets caught you gotta wash it and reoil blah blah blah. Also newer cars dont like oiled filters. The oil interferes with the MAF sensor on the intake pipe and skews the readings.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                Same thats what I run. The Apexi Power filter is the only one that I know makes power and filters. The reason K/N needs oil is to catch the so called "smaller particles" So basically after all that gets caught you gotta wash it and reoil blah blah blah. Also newer cars dont like oiled filters. The oil interferes with the MAF sensor on the intake pipe and skews the readings.

yeap thats why apexi filters cost $100+ you pay for what you get
                either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

I got an Idea...so EVERYONE here give me some input....HOW about the Nissan SE-R filter..

the JWT POPCHARGER cone filter??? ...its not cheap! but I think that would work good!

92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                  My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

yeap thats why apexi filters cost $100+ you pay for what you get
                    a fram cone filter does probably a better job, and it only costs $12. you get the best of both worlds from a fram, "performance" and clean air.

Comment

Originally posted by tunerman
                      a fram cone filter does probably a better job, and it only costs $12. you get the best of both worlds from a fram, "performance" and clean air.
                      i kinda doubt that...and find me a fram cone filter that costs 12 dollars?
                      a stock fucking rectangular air filter costs 9 bucks already.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

lol fram and performance dont go together haha.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

not sure about availability of diff style filter (cones/drop ins/oem replac.) but ive heard/read good filtration and flow are pretty good on the following companies filters

Amsoil nanofiber filters
                          Advanced Flow Engineering filters.

just from what ive read/heard. i havent owned one myself. so think what u want. lol just throwing it out there cuz all i hear is K&N and APEXi
                          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Same here, not too bad either.
                            3 CB's gone....
                            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                              i kinda doubt that...and find me a fram cone filter that costs 12 dollars?
                              a stock fucking rectangular air filter costs 9 bucks already.
                              i'll get a pic of it tommorow. and yes, it was for only $12 bucks. best cone filter for the money, imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X