What kinda of battery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kinda of battery...

I am a lil' pissed off because this new fudging private shop over charged me for a Interstate battery. They charged me $103 and some change for a MT-34. WTF. I only bought an Interstate because my baby already had one (lasted 6 years or maybe longer), and my boss here at Benz reccommended Interstate, as well as many others.

This compelled me to aske what kind of battery do you have, and on a scale from 1-10 how happy are you with its performance?
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

die hard it was from my civic but it works weight reduction lol i give diehard a 8
    either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

i got a bosch from zone when they was selling them(they now lost the lease for the bosch name and i believe they are labeling them"duralast professional" now), its about 4yrs old. no problems. but just some fyi. there are only about 3 major manufacturers of batterys.
      johnson controls makes-interstate,autozone,advance batteries
      exide makes- carquest, deka,(eveready maybe?)
      and im at a loss for the third, there are more, but any major label battery will be made by a majority of these manufacturers.
      imo, its who you want to patronize.
      i give mine a 9, good luck!
      if ur 555 then im 666

Comment

get the one with the longest prorate batery so you can keep getting it for free

Comment

doesnt seem that bad, all the interstates ive seen has held up hella years.

a optima red will cost you at least 130.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i own a optima yellow top don't remember how much it was. It's been through an accident and never had any problems. Strong battery and reliable. i'd give it a 9

Comment

Optima Red top here. scale of 1 to 10 I would say a 9. Just because nothing is perfect but, this battery is very close.. Worth every penny IMO.. I got mine for $120 brand new.. Later

Comment

OPTIMA Red and yellow tops are on the top of my list! ( side by side )

I give them a 9.5 out of 10!

very reliable and power packing batteries!

the Spiral cell design of the those batteries seem to have something to do with their longevity!!!
                92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Diehard batteries are pretty good. Id say they are around 7.5/10
                  Intersate are pretty good also same class as the diehard
                  Now optima, The red top absolutely sucks. I've had about 3 of them bought from different places and well if you short them out, discharge them or do anything stupid with them they just die and refuse to hold a charge.
                  The yellow top is a better choice. Thats actually a deep cycle battery and can take shorts and all kind of shit thrown at it. If you only want a sealed cell battery then get the red top. If you want deep cycle get the yellow top.

Comment

I've got a Varta 63 Amh. I have it 4 years now and it's pretty well. The stock battery last for 13 years!

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                    My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

i forget what brand autozone carries but that's what i'm going with, well their top of the line. eventually i'll throw in a Honda battery just because..

Comment

Battery: Optima Battery (Red Top)

Rating:10 of 10

Additional Loads: Amp drivin 2 12s, hids, did have another amp for speakers but was removed 20,000 mi ago.

Abuse: Let side terminal make contact with a ground, enough to break the terminal (was on pos side terminal)
                        Approx Mi on battery: 70,000

Review: This battery is the single best battery i have ever had. It has jumped cars many times, even out of the car. If you want a long lasting battery that could be changed with your car, I suggest an Optima Dry cell as your investment.
                        JustBlaze

Comment

any sealed starter battery will do
                          DEVOTE

Comment

What's OEM Honda now using? Years ago it was Delco, then it was Interstate.
                            '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                            EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by mrvinyl33
                              What's OEM Honda now using? Years ago it was Delco, then it was Interstate.
                              Not sure.
                              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                              X