Issues with my F22B DOHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with my F22B DOHC

So I swapped in a JDM F22B in my 91' LX and here is the issues I am having with it:

Car starts and idles fine but I have to grandma the gas after about 2K on the RPM's because after 2K it starts to hesitate and the RPM's just start bouncing from 500-1K in either direction after I'm past 2K. It does this through out the RPM(2K-6k).

The car just feels like it's stumbling like it's getting spiratic(sp?) amounts of gas at those RPM's. I'm wondering if it might be the injectors? I using the ones that came with it or is it a sensor maybe? I am a little lost since I don't really know this engine too well.

I am using the wiring harness from my F22A1 and a chipped p06.

Any help wpuld be appreciated. thanks.
    3 CB's gone....
    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

its not throwing a CEL is it? also when you guys finished up the swap, did you recalibrate that TPS sensor???

well your injectors that came with the engine are the same as the ones on ur F22....so you could always go back to the ones from ur F22.

but it sounds like something related to your ignition/timing possibly
    Last edited by SMseagren83; 07-24-2007, 12:32 AM.
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Nah, we didnt do that. But would not calibrating cause it to do that?

He RAPED the car the night we got it running and it ran perfect.

Also, I believe he randomly gets a code 10 and 14.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I got the code 10 and 14 yesterday. swapped out the IAVC and no more codes what so ever.

It's been acting this way for about 3 days. today was the worse it's been
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          Nah, we didnt do that. But would not calibrating cause it to do that?

He RAPED the car the night we got it running and it ran perfect.

Also, I believe he randomly gets a code 10 and 14.

possibly! the TPS can be giving off an incorrect signal to the ECU, thus causing the engine to run like poop.

haha

but i would definately start with that since its not even calibrated. ( from taking it off the F and screwing it on the F22B)

then go from there.
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

i had sorta the same problem when i still had my 92 4door i had a dohc f22b in it also and from around 2k-2500 it woudl pop and sputter and act like it wants to die but then once it gets above 2500 it would run fine, i replaced the fuel filter and it helped a bit but i wasnt ever able to figure out what it was casue once winter ended it went back to normal lol then i sold it in june 06

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM
              i had sorta the same problem when i still had my 92 4door i had a doch f22b in it also and from around 2k-2500 it woudl pop and sputter and act like it wants to die but then once it gets above 2500 it would run fine, i replaced the fuel filter and it helped a bit but i wasnt ever able to figure out what it was casue once winter ended it went back to normal lol then i sold it in june 06
              yea, thats what i was explaining to him over the phone earlier. i had the same problem you just described, but never got around to fixing it.

but this is anywhere above 2k, it sputters like crazy.

the night we got it running, it ran like a fucking champ!

Comment

i think she(the car) just is pissed at him casue he raped her but yea check the TPS casue my f20 would hesitate sometimes until i recalibrated the TPS

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread
                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM
                  i think she(the car) just is pissed at him casue he raped her

She loved every minute of it, and and it felt so right
                  3 CB's gone....
                  1 WK Overland....

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX
                    She loved every minute of it, and and it felt so right
                    yea i know what ya mean

anyways back on topic have you replaced the fuel filter lately? or anythign else to do with the fuel system? also check your timing and everything to do with the electrical

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread

Comment

fuel filter no. injectors are from the F22B, fuel rail from F22A.

Timing? It starts and Idle great. problem is after 2K and above
                      3 CB's gone....
                      1 WK Overland....

Comment

id change it just for the hell of it cause the same thing happened to my bros cd and he changed his fuel filter and it went away, now this may not be your problem but ya never know

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread

Comment

Injectors have been swapped and the TPS has been set. Not 100% on, but it's at .42v.

Now we're thinking its something to do with the distributor. We did the internal to external coil conversion. We didn't solder any connections because we didn't have solder/solder gun, but we crimped most and we wrapped all of them in electrical tape. We think that it might be somehow arcing inside the distributor maybe.

Blah, this sucks.

Comment

So, This morning I threw 2 CEL's 10 and 14.

I'll replace the Air intake temp. sensor (probably on monday) and look at the idle control valve to see what is wrong.

I threw these same 2 on Sunday and nothing till today.
                            3 CB's gone....
                            1 WK Overland....

Comment

is the O2 solenoid dead?
                              Maybe it is giving the wrong signal to the ECU.
                              Last edited by lo-specials; 07-27-2007, 05:52 PM.

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                              My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Working...
                              X