Car leaked Antifreeze!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car leaked Antifreeze!!!

Let's see...it was monday night around 11pm..i was on a highway and suddenly noticed that traffic was backed up. I said wtf??? I checked the time..it read 11:03. I was thinkin', "O yeah, there fixing this highway." (820 btw) Soon my radiator fan came on...rattling like it was old as it is and grabbing unwanted attention...a while later i noticed the fan was still going and started to smell something a little sweet. I looked at all my gauges...rpm, mph, gas, and then finally my Tempurature..that one caught my eye obviously because the needle was pointing to the line at the "H"..so since traffic was literally slow..i pulled over with hazard lights on. Turned the engine off, popped the hood, and heard sizzling noise behind the engine underneath near the fuel pressure regulator. Checked it out and it was antifreeze fluid...at this point i'm assuming it's my hose connection i need to replace...but has anyone experienced this problem and knows where this hose is? Because i still haven't driven it or worked on it since then..so uh...help?

EDIT3D:
    And o yeah, i thought i should share this..when i popped my hood open and checked what was wrong...i found the problem and decided to let the engine cool off..i waited watched people passed by slowly...saw many stock cb7s passing by and thought that was awkward...and then this thing happens in like 7 seconds..Out of nowhere i hear a deep exhaust getting ready to pass by..and im staring at my engine..all of a sudden this dood yells out, " HA HA HA HAAA!"...i looked at this foo and noticed that he was in a crapilier...so haha i just smiled and waved and felt like a biggo Fob. Then this dood says, "WHAT? you want some?" ..haha idk wth he was talkin' about...but this guy was in traffic going like 3mph...haha i coulda just walked over and kicked his ass for tryin' to be a stupid fuck. I realized wow...these doods with their crapilier are very..VERY competitive agianst us accords...they must think that they're better than us in every way!..though i do give him props for representing him and his crapilier in a very "mature" way...very douche bag style. But no he aint the douch bag...he was different...he was the one who uses it.
    Last edited by Djmoua; 07-19-2007, 09:46 AM.

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

tow you car home add water start it up and then locate the leak to where steam is comming out or water should be in about 1-2 minutes don;t ket the engine overheat. once you find the hose remove it and go to your favorite auto parts center. (o'riellys or autozone or the dealer) and get a new one. it usually happens on old crusty cracking tubing. but once you replace it, it should be fine.
    either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

nah i know that already dood...just wanna know if anyone knows which hose im referring to...cuz to me, it looks like it's gonna be kinda hard to reach.

*Needs*
      -New shocks
      -Struts
      -Drop
      -Cleaning
      -New Tires/Wheels
      -New Window Tint
      -Alot more lovin'

Comment

HAHA the FOB wave classic. Anyway if its comin behind the regulator could be that heater hose that goes to the firewall. thats not bad to reach its just a bitch getting it off lol. Plus you gotta be careful since you got a plastic nipple and a brass nipple on the other so if you fuck it up your fucked. But if thats your problem its not hard to replace. Plus thats the only water pipe I can think of on that side other than water pump. All the other hoses will be on the thermostat/passenger side of the car. But best bet if its an obvious leak just fill it up with water and run it. IF not get a pressure tester on it that will be able to point out where most of your leaks are.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yea, im with NAIL, I had that problem not too long ago. Was freakin embarrisin riding around with white smoke coming from under my hood an anitfreeze leaking out. I had to replace my heater hose, that runs into that firewall. The bottom of that hose starts under the car (near the oil filter) and runs around the right side of the intake manny, to the firewall I think. Haha, I would've flipped that guy off! Oh yea, ima little slow wat do you mean by crapilier?
          My Black "H"
          AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

Originally posted by ex_style90
            Yea, im with NAIL, I had that problem not too long ago. Was freakin embarrisin riding around with white smoke coming from under my hood an anitfreeze leaking out. I had to replace my heater hose, that runs into that firewall. The bottom of that hose starts under the car (near the oil filter) and runs around the right side of the intake manny, to the firewall I think. Haha, I would've flipped that guy off! Oh yea, ima little slow wat do you mean by crapilier?

Hes talking about a CAVALIER

I like Cavaliers...its the DRIVERS I dont like

I like the Z24s! 95-99
            92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
            My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

LMAO at the guy in the cavalier but to me that sounds like the heater hose that goes towards the firewall.Good luck with that
              Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

check your intake mani gasket on the passanger side get teh car warmed up and crawl under the car while its hot and sizzling and check if its hissing and sizzling i bet its there doubt its really a hose

but coudl be a heater hose which are cake when under the car

the build and demise
                buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

aight thanks guys...appreciate.

*Needs*
                  -New shocks
                  -Struts
                  -Drop
                  -Cleaning
                  -New Tires/Wheels
                  -New Window Tint
                  -Alot more lovin'

Comment

alright...update!

Took the heater hose off that connected to the firewall...but the hose seemed fine.
                    I checked where the hose was connected to behind the engine onto i guess what it's called the nipple? and it's a little chipped off at the tip due to aging. Could this be my problem for leaking engine coolant??? It's a lil crusty, so how would i be able to fix this if this is my problem?

*Needs*
                    -New shocks
                    -Struts
                    -Drop
                    -Cleaning
                    -New Tires/Wheels
                    -New Window Tint
                    -Alot more lovin'

Comment

nvm...this leaking problem is solved...switched for a new hose and no leak...

now a new problem occurs...battery light stays on...slow turn when starting car...guessing it's my alternator now..

*Needs*
                      -New shocks
                      -Struts
                      -Drop
                      -Cleaning
                      -New Tires/Wheels
                      -New Window Tint
                      -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Damn D.....its one thing or another huh?? dont assume its your alternator...DOUBLE and TRIPLE check the alternator connections! ( plugs ) could be a little loose . but do that first..and then check to see if the battery cables are loose too!
                        92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                        My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

[QUOTE=Djmoua]nvm...this leaking problem is solved...switched for a new hose and no leak...

Do you have or can you snap a picture to guide me to where the heater hose is?

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                          New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                          My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Check the battery fuse to see if it's loose yo, that's what happend to me with the slow turns tighted her up and it worked fine!
                            99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

aight koo thanks guyz

*Needs*
                              -New shocks
                              -Struts
                              -Drop
                              -Cleaning
                              -New Tires/Wheels
                              -New Window Tint
                              -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Working...
                              X