Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not starting, vapor issue?

Hey guys,

I've got a 93 EX 5spd with 209k on it and it's pretty trouble free overall. However, there is a mild re-occurring issue with starting. Sometimes it takes a long time for the car to start up. The starter turns the motor over and the battery has plenty of juice but it's like there's no spark or fuel. Once started though the car will run fine.

So the car drove normal heading to work this morning but when I walked outside this afternoon to head home it was giving me the hard starting issue. No luck at all. I'm wondering if it is somehow a heat related issue. The parking lot at work is all asphalt with no trees in sight so the sun just beats down on it all day. While trying to think back I can't remember ever having this problem in the morning or winter time.

So my car is en route back to my house where I'll give it another try but otherwise I'm out of ideas. Any thoughts, simple things I could try?

Thanks,

Zach
    Zach

93 Accord EX coupe
    91 Accord DX 4-door

Main Relay.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

What do you mean? What about the main relay?

Zach
      Zach

93 Accord EX coupe
      91 Accord DX 4-door

Comment

Search for it its a common problem. Theres an easy fix to it in the DIY section.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

vapor lock is one of those things people use when they have no clue. it's so uncommon that you probably have never seen a car that has suffered from it.
          ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            Search for it its a common problem. Theres an easy fix to it in the DIY section.
            Thanks, that sounds like exactly what my problem is!
            Zach

93 Accord EX coupe
            91 Accord DX 4-door

Comment

the main relay is def a heat related problem, or atleast made worse by the summer heat. over time the soider joints crack. when it gets hot the metal expands and makes the problem worse, giving you a bad connection. if you notice the car usually starts fine when the interior cools off a bit. a new main relay is about $45 from the dealership if you don't feel like messing with resoidering the joints. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

^

exactly!!

OR..he could do what we all are doing to save a little money!.....RESOLDER IT!!

THAT IS...if the circuit board isn't messed up!

and...VAPOR LOCK= cooked MFR! :

NOTE: this is what I do....

I open all my doors....let the hot air out some...get a paper fan or something...and fan up under your dash..to TRY to circulate the hot air downwards towards the floor....to direct the hot air AWAY from the MFR!

I know its extra steps...but hell...it works for me!
                Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 07-20-2007, 06:56 PM.
                92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

I had this taken care of yesterday on my car, the guy at the shop called it the "Honda Summertime Blues". He had three other cars in all getting their main relays replaced as well.

Thanks for the fast responses guys!
                  Zach

93 Accord EX coupe
                  91 Accord DX 4-door

Comment

Working...
                  X