Hard into 1st and 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard into 1st and 3rd

NOT my car, it's my cousins wifes. Trying to help, but I need your help so I know what to look for.

PROBLEM: 5-speed MT is hard to shift into 1st and 3rd, but only those two gears.

SOLUTION: ???
    It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

i'd try to shift linkage first

then maybe the components that actuates: master cylinder, slave, etc.

worse-case senario is that thruster thing in the tranny is bad(forgot whats it called but it helps getting the car into first)
    "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

synchro is starting to go out slowly if its only gonna be reserved to two gears and others are fine.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I finally got a chance to drive the car. It's difficult to near impossible into ALL gears. Moves into gears perfect when not moving, but get it rolling down the road and it's very difficult to shift the gears.
        It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by m-tec93accord
          i'd try to shift linkage first

then maybe the components that actuates: master cylinder, slave, etc.

worse-case senario is that thruster thing in the tranny is bad(forgot whats it called but it helps getting the car into first)
          agreed. also pull the fill plug out and see if there is any fluid. probably due for a tranny change as well

ive changed mine on an average of every 5-6k. the owner of spoon sports says that in racing, it should be changed every oil change but thats racing, lol
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

x2 on the synchros

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22
            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

tranny

X3 on syncros if the fluid checks out to be OK I had the same problem on my 93 accord (RIP stolen stripped burnt ) just into first and fifth and it was my syncros.
              Goo$e Creek stand up!

"SO IM AT IT AGAIN"

Comment

Working...
              X