Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if cars timing belt is loose and need to be taken off, how do I put it back togethe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if cars timing belt is loose and need to be taken off, how do I put it back togethe?

okay, a friend screwed with is timing, or possibly broke his timing belt tensioner, so if the belt skipped a few tooth, its deffenetely out of timing, if the crank is not synchronized with the camgear, how can I correct this? how do I correct the timing once his engine components are out of time? is there a marker in each sprockets to show me where it should be on TDC? lol, sorry Im sleepy right now so I cant put my questions into words as well,
    Last edited by aznpnoyracer; 07-18-2007, 01:57 AM.

you tighten the belt tensioner

we need more info on what you are doing. if the timing belt if loose i will just double check the timing marks are all in their appropriate spot and tighten the belt
    Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
      you tighten the belt tensioner

we need more info on what you are doing. if the timing belt if loose i will just double check the timing marks are all in their appropriate spot and tighten the belt
      You could do that if you had a manual. Kinda hard for an auto...But if you wanted to put it back together buy a manual. Best way. But do what black said double check your marks.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if you take the timing belt off... put it back exactly how you took it off...LOL

there is a diy for timing belt procedure...but i dont feel like searching.... sry!

Comment

i can help here since i did it the long way

i dont know about the manuals(although i think they still have that bolt for the tensioner)

BUT your question is confusing though

1) if you just want to tighten it back up, theres a bolt for autos that above the crank pulley, turn it left(the bolt), then manually turn the crankshaft counterclock-wise to retighten the t-belt

2) if your actually taking off the belt, you need to remove the crank pulley, put a wrench of appropriate size on the tensioner(same bolt as above) and push it up(the lever part) to make sure theres no tension on the balance shaft as well as the t-belt, then take off the balance shaft belt and t-belt, MAKE SURE THERES A SCREWDRIVER IN THE HOLE ON THE BACK OF THE BLOCK

or you can be like me who couldnt take off the pulley and pull off the rocker arm assembly, then lift the tranny end of the camshaft to remove the t-belt

then align the camshaft(there should be already alignment marks on the cam gear) where they meet the head and both sides of the cam gear(TDC), then put everything back together and do step 1. above to retighten the t-belt
          "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Working...
          X