Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replaced throw out bearing, clutch and pressure plate now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaced throw out bearing, clutch and pressure plate now...

I still get a whirling sound till I push the clutch to the floor... New transmission?

Grinding when shifting and all that??? You using the OEM or aftermarket TO bearing...Sounds like the To bearing still bad lol.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I get that same noise and it's only when I'm not on the clutch pedal. I just did a complete engine swap and also, a brand new clutch kit and it's still there....I think it's the tranny.

I like my women like I love my cars, built for comfort and speed........

Comment

Originally posted by shoxr10
        I get that same noise and it's only when I'm not on the clutch pedal. I just did a complete engine swap and also, a brand new clutch kit and it's still there....I think it's the tranny.
        lol same here

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Grinding when shifting and all that??? You using the OEM or aftermarket TO bearing...Sounds like the To bearing still bad lol.
          No grinding when shifting.

Comment

Is it loud? When I had my LuK OEM replacement I used the TO bearing with the kit. It would have a low pitched hum sometimes. So it was most likely the shitty TO bearing they make. Now with OEM honda dont hear anything at all with my xtd stage 3.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              Is it loud? When I had my LuK OEM replacement I used the TO bearing with the kit. It would have a low pitched hum sometimes. So it was most likely the shitty TO bearing they make.
              Its pretty loud... Same exact noise as before I replaced everything

Comment

Did you do the job yourself or get someone else to do it? It would suck if they put the same one back in =O.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

This happened to my in my old Toyota pickup... I replaced it 2-3 times before I got a good TO bearing in there... friggin cheapo auto zone parts.

also if your clutch is not adjusted on some cars it can slightly touch the fingers on the clutch, and that makes the spinning noise when the clutch is disengaged

GL to you! I hope you can figure it out!

Comment

^^ Could be bad to bearing from product too. I havent seen one go bad yet lol so didnt jump to that. But if you do any clutch job I recommend using Honda OEM TO bearing. Buy one and compare it side to side to what you use it is completely different.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I did it my self..... I realy did not want to take this apart again besides the noise will it cause future issues

Comment

Are you asking if it will cause future issues?

YES....AND NO

You need to figure out what is making the noise.... you either put a pad part in there.... or what is a better possibility is they may have given you a wrong part( meaning that it fits, but for some reason it is to tall, therefore laying on the fingers....)

if that is the case it will lead to premature failure of the TO bearing, and possibly the clutch as well..

it could be something more serious... I am sorry to say but you are going to have to take it back apart most likely, to figure out exactly what is wrong.

Comment

Annoyance thats bout it. And when you remove the trans you will prob have some worn fingers on the pressure plate.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I car has been running for about a total of 2 mins.

Comment

my z has that problem, i been told its a bad input shaft bearing in the transmission.
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                              X