Seat Belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Belts

I was wondering if anyone has tried to put the manual type seat belts out of a 92-93 in to a 90-91 w/ the passive type. The pillars for the mounting may be different? I'd like the manual type belts in my 90.
    Thanks
    Colin

its probably possible to swap auto to manual. manual to auto on the other hand i think few have tried and failed.

probably just the pillar linnings, umm the seatbelt system and thats it...i think...
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I tried, and got it done. Its really not to hard, you just have to be kinda creative. With some of the mounting of stuff. If you had access to a shop where you could make some custom brackets for the bottom part of the assembly.. it would be really nice. I had a HOW-to, I'll see if I can find it.

Comment

Re:

Thanks, that would be great. I work at a wrecking yard and my car is maroon with a beige interior and we just got this 92 in with a grey interior that I would like to swap into it, and it has the manual belts, on top of wanting to get the electric belts out of there.

Comment

aiight, its not on either of the computers, imma check some backup cd's I made and see if I can find it. Anyways, If you do end up going for the swap, I have the grey seatbelts(whole set) out of a 92-93, the manual ones. I am guessing that the junkyard will be quite expensive since thats where I got mine, and they were 150. But let me know if you are interested in those. The reason I took them out is because Im putting that car back to stock to sell it, so they are just taking up closet space right now.

well saw that you work at the yard, so you can get stuff for pretty cheap, maybe someone else will want them.

Well Looks like I lost the freakin DIY. If you work at the yard and you get a spare chance, just take the trim panels off of the B-pillar, and you will see pretty much what you have to do. I just tried to use as many of the original holes over. The bottom part is a bit different and thats where it would be benefitial for you to make a bracket that would fasten to the two stock points, and then have the new points mount into that. If you see it, It makes sense.. without lookin at it, I prolly am not making sense. I'll see if I can find a diagram in the helms.
          Last edited by aero; 07-01-2004, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Heres a real quick thing I did. The white star is no problem... You use the one hole up there, and drill a hole for the bottom one.. then thats fine. Only problem is the bottom. You have the 2 screws that are offset, you have to make screws that are straight up and down(easily done with a thick piece of metal and some shop time). The bottom bolt on The manual one, you can use an already drilled hole. I just used the big trim piece, and cut a hole in it where the adjuster goes for the manual seatbelts.

Comment

Thanks!

That doesn't sound too hard. Thanks a lot for your help! That diagram helps out too, I appreciate it.

Comment

no problem

Comment

Working...
                X