Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What oil and oil filter does honda use ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What oil and oil filter does honda use ?

Wanted to know what oil and oil filter honda uses for their oil changes
    any ideas ?
    Thanks.
    Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

Every dealership is different and brands of oil vary by state/province, etc.
    Here in Toronto my local dealer uses Quaker State 5W30 oil, and Honda Filters.

You can buy Genuine Honda oil in cans from the parts desk. But if you give them your car for an oil change, they have a huge barrel/tank that gets refilled from a truck with Quaker State written across it.

I myself use Castrol GTX oil, and Honda filters.

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

so honda filters good ?
      how they compare to FRAM and K-N Filters.
      Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

Honda of America made a switch to Castrol.... well thats whats being distributed/changed at dealers in some states now(the BULK stuff off the trucks). we had to change not too long ago.

lol and i swear that the oil filter thing has been covered before....

Honda oil filters (15400-PLM-A02)= honeywell = sister company of FRAM

Honda S2k filters (15400-PCX-004)= filtech =>

** the old 15400-PLM-A01 filter which are now the A02 were filtech..but they are now using a diff distributor and the A01 is no longer available.**

** no longer being distributed are the insight oil filters...which nobody here would be using anyways lol. they were tiny!**
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

I got a whole bunch of pcx toyo ricko filters, from honda for half price, that is some quality shit apparently the regular plm's are shitty and build like frams

My Members Ride Page

Comment

i bought about 5 Honda filters from Iceplaya here on the forums, i think they normally go for 7 bucks at the dealer, so he let me have them for 25 bucks.
            I've only used one so far since the car is being brought back to life right now.

Comment

I use QuakerState 5W-30 Highmileage with slick50 and fram high mileage filter, and I do the same on our 96 Camry with 96kmiles
              wat?

Comment

I use Castrol GTX high mileage (im at 220k) and a honda filter from the dealer

Comment

Oil just throw whatever your dealer recommends. I ran quaker state/ castrol in my old engine. I run RP 10w30 now in my h with a WIX filter from NAPA.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    Oil just throw whatever your dealer recommends. I ran quaker state/ castrol in my old engine. I run RP 10w30 now in my h with a WIX filter from NAPA.
                    Why 10w30 when spec is 5w30? Im just wondering because thats what i put in my f until mike enlightened me that honda recommends the 5w30. Now i put 5w30 mobil1 synthetic blend in my H

Comment

I have a Honda filter used by the dealer and I use Kendall 5w-50 for better performance

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                      My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
                        Why 10w30 when spec is 5w30? Im just wondering because thats what i put in my f until mike enlightened me that honda recommends the 5w30. Now i put 5w30 mobil1 synthetic blend in my H

actually honda recommended 5w 30 or 10w30 (for DOHC VTEC)

ive actually always used 10w30 but definately now with the H22.

here is a printscreen from work.
                        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

I use OEM Oil and filters from Honda.

and i use 10w30 with the F.

Comment

I use Mobil 1 10w30 synthetic and with a Hamp Oil Filter . used to use Eneos 5w30 Synthetic oil
                            either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
                              I live in TX. Climates will effect what type of oil you use. There really isnte much diff between 5w/10w just one is slightly thinner than the other. Nowadays newer cars are going to 5w dunno why. Guess its something with the motor and emissions something like that.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X