i thought i fixed it, but guess not...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought i fixed it, but guess not...

alright well i posted a little while ago that i had a problem with my 1992 accord lx. What it would do was the engine would stall out, but come back on very quickly. I knew this because the RPM's would drop but come back up. So it gradually became worse and worse, so i read in my haynes manual about engine stalls. It said i could replace the fuel filter, so i did. The next two days it ran PERFECTLY! But then i hit a curb and let my car sit for about a week. When i started driving it again, after about 20 minutes of driving, it did it again Anyone know what this could be? my dad said to put some shit in it to see if there is water mixed with the gas. Im also gonna put some fuel injection cleaner in, even though i know that wont do anything but i have a bottle layin around so why not.

It's possible that you have some shit mixed with the gas in the tank that's clogged your fuel filter again. What you can do is drive around until your almost on empty and then drain the tank. Then you can see if there is any shit or water in the gas. If you think it's just water you can pour in some gas line antifreeze and burn off the the tank of gas.

If there is some filth in the gas tank then you might have to replace the fuel filter again after draining the tank. It's not fun I know, I had an old Mercedes TurboDiesel that needed the tank drained twice and the fuel filter replaced four times before all the shit was cleared out . But diesel is a much more greasy and thicker then gas.
    Last edited by OM617; 07-01-2004, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Theres a small possibility you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Its strange how your car went back to stalling after 2 weeks. What kind of gas are you using?

Comment

i use 87 octane all the time. and i bought that gas line antifreeze earlier today, so we'll see what happens. I also thought it was very weird that it went from horribly stalling, to running perfect and then back to stalling in a short period of time. so far ive driven maybe 10 miles with the gas line anti freeze and it hasnt done anything.

when all my gas is gone, what should i do? thanks for your help

Comment

I'd say drain the tank, and see if there is anyithing in the gas. There's a very handy drain plug at the bottom of the tank.

Comment

alright when i run out of gas or just decide to drain it, how can i look at it? isnt the only way through the trunk? cuz if it is, im fucked cuz i have my sub back there and there is no way that can come out....

Comment

Working...
            X